Comments Thread For: Merchant Gives His Take on Mayweather IV Scandal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
    for a registered nurse name, this is the longest i came across so far
    Manny has been using TORADOL since 2009 no wonder he refused to be tested , and you weak people ignore it lol .

http://www.nationalsarmrace.com/?p=4932

The latest salvo in the “Questionable Performance Enhancing Drug” storyline in today’s professional baseball landscape was this interesting statement from Jonathan Papelbon last week; he and other Boston teammates frequently were injected with the drug Toradol by team doctors when they were feeling “run-down” or overly fatigued in order to get a quick pick-me-up for a game. Apparently Toradol had the effect of giving players a four hour window of feeling “pretty damn good” and it was used by a portion of the Boston clubhouse. Its also in use in many other clubhouses (though apparently not in Philadelphia, who told Papelbon his Toradol days were over).

Ok, how is Toradol not a Performance Enhancing Drug? It certainly seems to qualify based on WADA’s “Three Criteria” for PEDs:
    1.The capacity to enhance performance (clearly, as discussed by Papelbon)
    2.Use can result in negative health consequences (absolutely; Jon Lester suffered some of them and had a serious internal bleeding issue, and now Boston is reportedly reviewing its use of the drug)
    3.Violate the spirit of sports. (opinion based .. but after reading what Toradol can do, how can you NOT argue that its use violates the “spirit of sports?”)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...her-dont-care/

In an intriguing feature included in tonight’s new Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (HBO, 10o p.m. ET/PT), Andrea Kremer explores the NFL’s “magic potion” that “masks pain from head to toe.”

The wonder drug goes by the name of Toradol. It’s not a narcotic, it’s not addictive, it’s legal to use.
    And plenty of players are using it.

Former NFL center Jeremy Newberry tells Kremer that, when he played for the 49ers, players lined up for a dose of Toradol before games. “I’ve seen lines of 20 or 30 of them standing there waiting for a shot,” Newberry.

http://www.startribune.com/zeroing-i...ned/166712256/

But the Super Bowl? With little hesitance, Holt asked for and received a Toradol shot.

"I felt like new money," Holt said. "You get that shot and you feel like you're 18, 19 years old. It's like a sheet of armor. I was a new man."
    Several hours later, after making seven catches for 109 yards, including a 9-yard touchdown grab, Holt was also a Super Bowl champion with the Rams edging the Titans 23-16.

Everything about the day felt great. Until the Toradol faded.
    "It was very, very, very painful once that medication wore off," Holt said. "When you get that Toradol shot, you feel like you have a whole new body on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
      What makes you think they did an investigation? Froid applied for the TUE and was granted it the next day.
      was it Floyd who applied for TUE of USADA doing it for him?

for clarity

Comment

• Originally posted by Rath View Post
        was it Floyd who applied for TUE of USADA doing it for him?
        Officially Flroid but I wouldn't put it past USADA to simply file it for him when they got word of an impending leak.

Three weeks go buy with nothing then suddenly a rush to expedite a TUE which normally take weeks in a day. Why? We know why.

Comment

• I shut aboutfkntime up. where you at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Manny has been using TORADOL since 2009 no wonder he refused to be tested , and you weak people ignore it lol .

The latest salvo in the “Questionable Performance Enhancing Drug” storyline in today’s professional baseball landscape was this interesting statement from Jonathan Papelbon last week; he and other Boston teammates frequently were injected with the drug Toradol by team doctors when they were feeling “run-down” or overly fatigued in order to get a quick pick-me-up for a game. Apparently Toradol had the effect of giving players a four hour window of feeling “pretty damn good” and it was used by a portion of the Boston clubhouse. Its also in use in many other clubhouses (though apparently not in Philadelphia, who told Papelbon his Toradol days were over).

Ok, how is Toradol not a Performance Enhancing Drug? It certainly seems to qualify based on WADA’s “Three Criteria” for PEDs:
            2.Use can result in negative health consequences (absolutely; Jon Lester suffered some of them and had a serious internal bleeding issue, and now Boston is reportedly reviewing its use of the drug)
            3.Violate the spirit of sports. (opinion based .. but after reading what Toradol can do, how can you NOT argue that its use violates the “spirit of sports?”)

In an intriguing feature included in tonight’s new Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (HBO, 10o p.m. ET/PT), Andrea Kremer explores the NFL’s “magic potion” that “masks pain from head to toe.”

The wonder drug goes by the name of Toradol. It’s not a narcotic, it’s not addictive, it’s legal to use.

Former NFL center Jeremy Newberry tells Kremer that, when he played for the 49ers, players lined up for a dose of Toradol before games. “I’ve seen lines of 20 or 30 of them standing there waiting for a shot,” Newberry.

But the Super Bowl? With little hesitance, Holt asked for and received a Toradol shot.

"I felt like new money," Holt said. "You get that shot and you feel like you're 18, 19 years old. It's like a sheet of armor. I was a new man."
            Several hours later, after making seven catches for 109 yards, including a 9-yard touchdown grab, Holt was also a Super Bowl champion with the Rams edging the Titans 23-16.

"It was very, very, very painful once that medication wore off," Holt said. "When you get that Toradol shot, you feel like you have a whole new body on you.

Like all NASIDs one of the most common side effects of Toradol is lack of energy. If they have any effect on energy its the exact opposite of this **** in your post. NASIDs are not coke.

If anything what these "reports" are is simply the relief of pain coupled with placebo effect.

Comment

Like all NASIDs one of the most common side effects of Toradol is lack of energy. If they have any effect on energy its the exact opposite of this **** in your post. NASIDs are not coke.

If anything what these "reports" are is simply the relief of pain coupled with placebo effect.
              Says doctor child , million dollar players lining up before Super Bowl and you think its a placebo , I guess thats why Manny cried when he couldnt use it lol .

On one hand you claim his shoulder cost him the fight and you cry that he wasnt allowed his special meds , then you say its a placebo because NFL players say they feel like a sheet of armor after that shot and when it wears of it hurts like crazy , placebo , lol you people are the biggest bunch of biased children Ive ever seen , Placebo lol .

Comment

Says doctor child , million dollar players lining up before Super Bowl and you think its a placebo
                You can post a bunch of speculative crap but there is no pathway or explication of why Toradol should have a positive effect on energy. The opposite is actually the case. All NASIDs can cause lethargy not boundless energy.

The correct explanation is that this is simply placebo effect in a few anecdotal cases. If you are in pain 24/7 like many elite athletes and suddenly the pain is gone its going to feel like you have a huge amount of energy simply because you no longer hurt.

Comment

You can post a bunch of speculative crap but there is no pathway or explication of why Toradol should have a positive effect on energy. The opposite is actually the case. All NASIDs can cause lethargy not boundless energy.

The correct explanation is that this is simply placebo effect in a few anecdotal cases. If you are in pain 24/7 like many elite athletes and suddenly the pain is gone its going to feel like you have a huge amount of energy simply because you no longer hurt.
                  Speculative lol , read it its first hand knowledge idiot .

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    Yep, it was Florence Needlegale the IV.

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                    you confirming that the registered nurse who Floyd and Ellerbe said administered the IV was a lie?
                    I'm not really sure what that post confirmed.

Comment

Speculative lol , read it its first hand knowledge idiot .
                      I read it. A couply players saying they felt like it gave them energy. Yet there is nothing in the medical literature about Toradol increasing energy and no pathway explanation. If anything it would cause lethargy. I know you are ****** but what you are posting is simply a placebo effect.

Comment

Working...
                      X