No announcement yet.

160-Weakest in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    That's really dumb. A MW contender gets destroyed, moves up and goes life and death with Ring #1 SMW. So the lesson is, SMW sucks
    Abraham is the #1 SMW on paper lmao. This is Froch's/Ward's/Dirrel's leftovers from half a decade ago. Even Paul Smith gave Abraham a tough fight twice fighting very much the same as Murray, Smith and Murray aren't that far apart. Stieglitz has also given Abraham hell.

168 is still stronger than 160 despite the departure/retirements of Ward/Froch/Kessler/Bute/Hopkins lol. The evidence is stacked, mw is one of the weakest in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Abraham is the #1 SMW on paper lmao. This is Froch's/Ward's/Dirrel's leftovers from half a decade ago. Even Paul Smith gave Abraham a tough fight twice fighting very much the same as Murray, Smith and Murray aren't that far apart. Stieglitz has also given Abraham hell.

168 is still stronger than 160 despite the departure/retirements of Ward/Froch/Kessler/Bute/Hopkins lol. The evidence is stacked, mw is one of the weakest in boxing.
      Hopkins fought at 168?

Comment

I can't think of another division as bad, HW is comparable though.

UPDATE:
        -Martin Murray, goes up to 168 to fight a heavily faded version of Abraham, loses a decision getting rocked several times. Murray did slightly better than Paul Smith against Abraham. Paul Smith as you remember, was Ward's tune up. ggg's career best win isn't much better than Paul Smith.

-Sam Soliman becomes a champ
        Corpse of psycho James Taylor defeats Soliman, becomes new champ

-Andy Lee, KO losses to Vera/Chavez Jr., defeats Korobov (top MW fighter) to become a champ.

-Lee-Quillin evenly matched fighters, Quillin couldn't even finish him after dropping him early in the fight twice due to sheer lack of boxing ability, fight goes to a draw.

-David Lemieux-KO'd by Rubio, and a loss to Alcine. The sad thing is Alcine came in at 156lbs yet was able to walk through his power shots all night and hurt him. (no wonder lil g is eager to fight him)

-Cotto, blown up welterweight moves up and destroys Martinez & Geale, two top 10 MW's, with ease. The Geale fight was utter destruction, Cotto was clearly the superior boxer and the weight would have 0 difference.

Jacobs-KO loss to Pirog, dropped by Sergio Mora of all people in his last fight (lmao)

Those are all facts. When you look at the big picture, you'll realize just how bad it truly is.
        I'd say the 168lbs division looks weaker lets compare best of 168 to 160

Super middleweight -
        • Arthur Abraham
        • James Degale
        • Callum Smith
        • Ramirez
        • Badou Jack
        • Martin Murray
        • Andre Dirrell
        • Anthony Dirrell

Middleweight -
        • Gennady Golovkin
        • Andy Lee
        • Daniel Jacobs
        • Peter Quillin
        • Lemieux
        • Billy Joe Saunders
        • Chris Eubank Jr
        • N'jikam

For me its obvious which has the stronger guys, I mean the very top 168lbs guy could have easily have lost to the guy GGG tooled about with incredible ease take this also into consideration the number one guy of 168lbs almost got KOed by this guy.

I give 168lbs the advantage on prospect with Smith and Ramirez but overall weight of talent and possibility of bringing out more talented guys it clearly lays all in the favour of 160.

Okay as for overall weakest division IF you knew anything about boxing you'd take a look at the division Jamie McDonnell is in but obviously you're a casual fan so let me elaborate Bantamweight take a look at it, thank me later for exposing you upon your stupidity.

Comment

Check the Ring, tbrb or the rankings here. AA is #1 ranked. Thats cause the division sucks. You have a bunch of guys with zero decent wins, Degale with 1 (over a brain patient with no decent win in 5 years), and Badou Jack who drew with Periban and got KOed in 1 by a journeyman

Comment

So on paper, like Martinez was at the time?
            Please answer we need to establish your agenda in this.

Comment

• 168 isn't much better, GGG won't find any good fights or big paydays there either if Froch stays retired and Ward stays 175. DeGale is good but i still need to see more. Jack is nothing special. Abraham is one of the worst fighters to watch and somehow still has a belt.

Middleweight and SMW are usually always good divisions but they have definitely become weaker in the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                I'd say the 168lbs division looks weaker lets compare best of 168 to 160

Super middleweight -
                • Arthur Abraham
                • James Degale
                • Callum Smith
                • Ramirez
                • Badou Jack
                • Martin Murray
                • Andre Dirrell
                • Anthony Dirrell

Middleweight -
                • Gennady Golovkin
                • Andy Lee
                • Daniel Jacobs
                • Peter Quillin
                • Lemieux
                • Billy Joe Saunders
                • Chris Eubank Jr
                • N'jikam

For me its obvious which has the stronger guys, I mean the very top 168lbs guy could have easily have lost to the guy GGG tooled about with incredible ease take this also into consideration the number one guy of 168lbs almost got KOed by this guy.

I give 168lbs the advantage on prospect with Smith and Ramirez but overall weight of talent and possibility of bringing out more talented guys it clearly lays all in the favour of 160.

Okay as for overall weakest division IF you knew anything about boxing you'd take a look at the division Jamie McDonnell is in but obviously you're a casual fan so let me elaborate Bantamweight take a look at it, thank me later for exposing you upon your stupidity.

168 has changed since I created this thread without Froch/Ward, most of the talent is now at 175. It's still better than 160 though.

If you want to play stupid, go ahead. Abraham has failed 3x at the top level, utterly dominated by Froch/Ward/Dirrell, that was in his prime years ago. Since then he's hidden in Germany, his last couple of fights have consisted with rematches with Stieglitz and Paul Smith because they gave him such good fights lmao.

What were lil g fans saying about Paul Smith again?

ggg didn't toy with Murray lmao, it took him 11 rounds to finish him and he didn't completely dominate him, he gave up some rounds early.

You didn't even come up with a valid reason as to why you think 160 is stronger other than you just think it is lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Check the Ring, tbrb or the rankings here. AA is #1 ranked. Thats cause the division sucks. You have a bunch of guys with zero decent wins, Degale with 1 (over a brain patient with no decent win in 5 years), and Badou Jack who drew with Periban and got KOed in 1 by a journeyman
                  Stieglitz is Abraham's best win since getting dominated by Dirrell/Ward/Froch in his prime years ago. He's done nothing but hide in Germany and fight Smith/Stieglitz and journeymen. Paper champ.

Murray isn't much better than Paul Smith, accept it.

Comment

• after watching that i think we underestimated how good the true middleweight champion of the word, GGG is

he would easily take both of those guys back to back on the same night then beat a mandatory afterwards. Dramatically different levels of skill.

Comment

• 160 continues to prove itself, had to bump.

Comment

Working...
                      X