Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG has a crap resume? What great wins did past MWs have by their 33rd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    did i say that?

i said 30 is the new 20 in boxing and that power is the last thing to go with fighters and provided examples.

of course he cant last as long as hopkins. he isnt a defensive fighter but being 33 NOW isnt the same as being 33 back in the day.
    that was my point on the post you replied...
    the op and i were debating about hop, but like pac-boy said, hop is an alien..

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      so you see GGG fighting at 50yo like hop???...
      and by the way hes been 10 years at MW already, somewhere down the line he will have to move up, like you said MW is a very limited division...
      And SMW is any better? Do you really see DeGale or the Dirrells as competition for GGG? Groves? Jack? I don't see any one of them going the distance.

Ah yes! There is Ward, though! The man who would be number 1 P4P if he only actually fought decent competition more than once every 5 years. The man who should himself be moving to LHW as everyone is saying how SMW has no challenges. He needs a MW to make his career. Forgot about him.

Comment

if GGG was black and named LeGreg Gene Gary he would be the next mike tyson. the middleweight mike tyson.
        You can be assured if GGG was black all these Mayweather fans would be singing hosannas and praises around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          And SMW is any better? Do you really see DeGale or the Dirrells as competition for GGG? Groves? Jack? I don't see any one of them going the distance.

Ah yes! There is Ward, though! The man who would be number 1 P4P if he only actually fought decent competition more than once every 5 years. The man who should himself be moving to LHW as everyone is saying how SMW has no challenges. He needs a MW to make his career. Forgot about him.
          better than MW yes... plus you will have the factor that GGGs power could not be the same at 168, this we wont know until he fights those guys you mentioned... but i get it, ggg wants the canelo fight before he jumps up and that is understandable, if he can get the lee-saunders winner and then fight canelo for all the marbles next year, then win or lose he wont have anymore challenges at 160...

Comment

They gained experience as pro's, Golovkin decided to gain experience in the amateurs. Golovkin has far more ring experience than they did by their 33rd fight.

Comment

I don't think the 33rd fight stuff is interesting. I mean Ray Robinson was like 18mos into his career by his 33rd fight, I'm guessing. I don't think Hagler was getting much attention & was just grinding away by 33 fights. Obviously GGG fought better guys in comparison by fight 33 vs those great fighters. The more meaningful discussion is who did most guys beat by 33 years old. I think some greats were done by 33 is the thing that doesn't bode well for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                They gained experience as pro's, Golovkin decided to gain experience in the amateurs. Golovkin has far more ring experience than they did by their 33rd fight.

someone's reaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

someone's reaching.
                  It's not reaching at all. Having hundreds of amateur fights against world class amateurs is superior than fighting bums coming up in the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    It's not reaching at all. Having hundreds of amateur fights against world class amateurs is superior than fighting bums coming up in the pros.
                    Don't mind him. He has Golovkin's dick piercing his esophagus.

Comment

if GGG was black and named LeGreg Gene Gary he would be the next mike tyson. the middleweight mike tyson.

but because he isnt black, he's branded the often used term all hype that is often used with athletes who arent black.

if you show great athletic talent, and you're not black, you are all hyped until you face a great black athlete in your field.

that's just how americans think.

i dare anybody to challenge this.
                      why you gotta bring race into a simple discussion here?
                      lemieux is being called the middleweight tyson btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X