Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG has a crap resume? What great wins did past MWs have by their 33rd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    You never know, styles makes fights. Ward isn't a MW. We're talking about MWs here.

You see it more with Mexican boxers that start off young.

I'm not sure but if they were on the P4P list, it would be unfair to rank them that high right?
    You just don't remember. None of those fighters were praised until the accomished something major. Hopkins was a champion for years and got no respect until the Trinidad fight. GGG isn't special. He will get credit when it's due just like them.

Until then, he will be questioned......just like them.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      i seriously doubt that with gggs style he will be fighting at 50yo like hopkins, if he does then he can still reach a great status then...
      the number of fights is relative in most cases, see loma, with like 3 or 4 fights has already had better opposition... then you have someone like chavez sr who is a great on my book, but his first 40 fights are nothing to note, but i can tell you at 30 he already had a legacy set... canelo is another example, even know he has some names like titere vazquez on his resume, his first 25 fights are not something to brag about, but if he continues like he is doing, by 30 he should have a bad-ass resume...
      he has power.

how long did tyson, foreman last?

do you see any killers at middleweight?

power is the last thing to go.

Comment

I misread. I jumped the gun and saw 33 so I instantly assumed he meant by 33 years old. That's the age I believe that both Monzón and Hagler retired by and and had some really ok names on their resume.

carry on

Comment

Gennady Golovkin is coward. Refuses to fight the best. Picks on retired WWs and blown up JMWs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            he has power.

how long did tyson, foreman last?

do you see any killers at middleweight?

power is the last thing to go.
            so you see GGG fighting at 50yo like hop???...
            and by the way hes been 10 years at MW already, somewhere down the line he will have to move up, like you said MW is a very limited division...

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Gennady Golovkin is coward. Refuses to fight the best. Picks on retired WWs and blown up JMWs.
              How about Quillin? Is he also a coward?

Comment

and by the way hes been 10 years at MW already, somewhere down the line he will have to move up, like you said MW is a very limited division...
                Hell no. You haven't heard. Bhop is an alien.

Comment

did i say that?

i said 30 is the new 20 in boxing and that power is the last thing to go with fighters and provided examples.

of course he cant last as long as hopkins. he isnt a defensive fighter but being 33 NOW isnt the same as being 33 back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                    How about Quillin? Is he also a coward?
                    Peter Quillin is a bum. **** his wannabe Cuban ass.

Comment

Find me ONE other MW where an existing champion ducked him to the point of PAYING MONEY to avoid fighting him as Sturm did to avoid Golovkin. Find me another fighter in any weight division that had this happen. Find me another fighter in ANY weight division who has had THREE TITLE HOLDERS - Sturm, Martinez and Cotto, do everything possible to avoid fighting him - from paying money to a manager outright stating that it will never happen to avoiding a mandatory defense.

Find me just ONE other fighter who has be so avoided and ducked.

People ask why Golovkin has what they consider to be a 'poor resume'. The question that should be asked is why so many so called champions have avoided fighting him over the years and how they deserve to still be called champions.

Comment

Working...
                      X