Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hitking said, "As a fight fan, how are you not salivating for a showdown between two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    But why not demand the number 2 and number 3 first? They are in the same division. One was even a gold medalist in the Olympics.
    Because I'm not pinning my hopes on Ward losing the fight so that Golovkin won't have to step in the ring with Ward.

I don't care what order they decide to do their business in. Golovkin comes under a bit more scrutiny due to his people not being able to keep Ward's name out of their mouth whilst complaining about a shortage of quality opponents. However I don't take umbrage to him fighting Lemieux and the Canelo vs Cotto winner.

Ultimately, I want to see Ward vs Kovalev, I want to see Ward vs Golovkin, and I wouldn't mind seeing Golovkin vs Kovalev.
    Last edited by FeFist; 09-16-2015, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      I don't care man. I just want these fights to get done. May the best man come out on top.

GGG is a 33 year old man. He doesn't need you to hold his hand and protect him from The Evil Ward.

Let's just shut the hell up and let these grown men Duke it out for pound for pound supremecy
      The funny thing is people like the thread starter don't want to see Ward fight Golovkin. Period. It has nothing to do with a desire to see Ward fight Kovalev. They want to use Kovalev as a human shield.It's pathetic and funny at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        The funny thing is people like the thread starter don't want to see Ward fight Golovkin. Period. It has nothing to do with a desire to see Ward fight Kovolev.
        People like this are killing boxing. They are a barrier to us getting great fights that we can discuss with our grandchildren 50 years down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          People like this are killing boxing. They are a barrier to us getting great fights that we can discuss with our grandchildren 50 years down the road.
          Exactly Ward vs Kovalev would be one for the ages just a shame one of them doesn't want to step up to the plate

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            Exactly Ward vs Kovalev would be one for the ages just a shame one of them doesn't want to step up to the plate
            This doesn't work for me bro because I agree. I want them all to happen.

Comment

The funny thing is people like the thread starter don't want to see Ward fight Golovkin. Period. It has nothing to do with a desire to see Ward fight Kovalev. They want to use Kovalev as a human shield.It's pathetic and funny at the same time.
              Why should I want to see a fighter take a fight against someone two divisions higher with nothing on the line? Let Ward prove he deserves to fight either Kovalev or Stevenson by beating Beterbiev first. If Ward can defeat Beterbiev and then the winner of Krusher and Superpimp, he would become the unified, undisputed LHW champion of the world.

If he can do that, and GGG can unify all the titles at MW, they can meet in the middle at 168 in a battle of two undefeated, unified, undisputed title holders. Neither fighter would have the advantage as both would be making a weight concession. No titles would be on the line and both fighters could return to their respective divisions as undisputed title holders after the fight. It would be one massive PPV event, never seen before and probably never to be seen again.

I would think that is something to look forward to and to hope for.

Not that Ward would have a chance in hell of beating Beterbiev, much less the winner of Kovalev and Stevenson, but if his fans really think he is that good they would have to support my proposition, wouldn't they? Besides...Ward is the SOG is he not?

Although in another type of 'hobby' SOG means 'shot on goal' and I think Ward has already shot his wad.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                Why should I want to see a fighter take a fight against someone two divisions higher with nothing on the line? Let Ward prove he deserves to fight either Kovalev or Stevenson by beating Beterbiev first. If Ward can defeat Beterbiev and then the winner of Krusher and Superpimp, he would become the unified, undisputed LHW champion of the world.

If he can do that, and GGG can unify all the titles at MW, they can meet in the middle at 168 in a battle of two undefeated, unified, undisputed title holders. Neither fighter would have the advantage as both would be making a weight concession. No titles would be on the line and both fighters could return to their respective divisions as undisputed title holders after the fight. It would be one massive PPV event, never seen before and probably never to be seen again.

I would think that is something to look forward to and to hope for.

Not that Ward would have a chance in hell of beating Beterbiev, much less the winner of Kovalev and Stevenson, but if his fans really think he is that good they would have to support my proposition, wouldn't they? Besides...Ward is the SOG is he not?

Although in another type of 'hobby' SOG means 'shot on goal' and I think Ward has already shot his wad.
                I stopped reading the nonsense after that. You don't want Ward to fight Golovkin because you have a weird fetish for GGG and don't want to see him lose. It's that simple. Ward is not "two divisions higher" so you can stop lying to me.

For you to admit that you don't want to see the fight proves my point. Comical.

Comment

It's because GGG called out Floyd and Ward is their way to clown on him.

They want GGG to take more risk into fighting Ward than Ward taking any vs someone else. That's all it is. All because of Floyd.

Funny thing is that these Floyd dudes always talking about "business sense" and yet they don't see the business sense GGG is trying to do in unifying his division.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    It's because GGG called out Floyd and Ward is their way to clown on him.

They want GGG to take more risk into fighting Ward than Ward taking any vs someone else. That's all it is. All because of Floyd.

Funny thing is that these Floyd dudes always talking about "business sense" and yet they don't see the business sense GGG is trying to do in unifying his division.
                    Yeah that must be it. It's all because of Mayweather! LOL

Comment

I stopped reading the nonsense after that. You don't want Ward to fight Golovkin because you have a weird fetish for GGG and don't want to see him lose. It's that simple. Ward is not "two divisions higher" so you can stop lying to me.

For you to admit that you don't want to see the fight proves my point. Comical.
                      Ward's last fight was at LHW. 172 pounds. That is TWO DIVISIONS higher than Middleweight.

I am fine with the fight happening. When the time is right and Ward has brought his brand back up to the point where he deserves such a fight and can bring something to the party. At this point in time, Golovkin has more important things to deal with. GGG has spent enough time waiting after other fighters and now Ward can wait his turn instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X