Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPV Industry Source: Being Generous "Mayweather-Berto May Hit 550,000 Buys"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some comments make me wonder how much they actually read. Rafael said the source said "being generous it might hit 550k". This doesn't mean that it did do that level.

But then, we've heard lots from Rafael's sources before .

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      Now Gennady is officially the BIGGEST PPV in star in boxing. His fight won't do less than 1.5M buys.
      Yeah.... you should probably edit this post and put in a feasible number. Cotto/Canelo probably not gonna do 1.5M+ buys, let alone GGG/Lemieux.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        No way in hell are those numbers coming out. Those numbers are good for other fighters however we have to put things into context and in relation to Floyd's standards and expectations they are poor.
        Most importantly, related to the cost they are low. If you pay $32 mil to have someone participate in an event, you are hoping to make much more than that.

You guys are emphasizing that 550k is a lot for a Berto fight. But I don't think it's a crazy amount for a Berto fight whose undercard has an anticipated title rematch, and another fight with a guy who had 80,000 asses in seats in his last fight.

Comment

Yet there were morons on this site who said that Pacquiao only deserved 10-20%

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
            Most importantly, related to the cost they are low. If you pay $32 mil to have someone participate in an event, you are hoping to make much more than that.

You guys are emphasizing that 550k is a lot for a Berto fight. But I don't think it's a crazy amount for a Berto fight whose undercard has an anticipated title rematch, and another fight with a guy who had 80,000 asses in seats in his last fight.
            People don't buy PPV's for the undercard.

And everyone on the undercard was unknown in the U.S including George Groves.

It's not a crazy amount but it's not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
              Yeah.... you should probably edit this post and put in a feasible number. Cotto/Canelo probably not gonna do 1.5M+ buys, let alone GGG/Lemieux.
              What will be interesting to see is if cotto Canelo will outsell May Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                The event was far from a sell out, not to mention many of the tickets were given away for free.
                They had 14,000 in the arena and you have nothing to support that they gave tickets away other than rumours.
                Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-15-2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  What will be interesting to see is if cotto Canelo will outsell May Berto.
                  That Is pretty much a guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                    but floyd hazmat crew leader on duty it was gonna easily do 6 million last week
                    No actually my prediction was 500K.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                      Floyd Mayweather Charged with Raping Dogs

IronDanHamza
                      "You people will believe absolutely anything. This will fall by the wayside."

Floyd Maywether Found Guilty of Raping Dogs

IronDanHamza
                      "I've raped dogs for years. You people will criticize anything."

Floyd Mayweather Released After 30 Years in Prison for Raping Dogs

IronDanHamza
                      "Eat that pactards "
                      I don't understand the analogy nor is it funny but please, continue.

Comment

Working...
                      X