Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPV Industry Source: Being Generous "Mayweather-Berto May Hit 550,000 Buys"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottom line floyd relies on his opponent, just for the record de la hoya id not....

Comment

• lance pugmire just reported the same numbers as well. hes pretty credible, had the inside track on may-pac going down

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        Wow! Another win in the Rousey column as her last PPV is said to have gotten around 1 million buys and that was with a very poor undercard and an extremely late night main event that lasted 34 seconds.
        To use Ronda's argument about per minute pay against her I think Floyd crushed her in per PPV Buyer pay doe. $30M for 550k buys & maybe $5M-$7M for 1M buys.

Comment

• Showtime took a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by niceguy45 View Post
            bottom line floyd relies on his opponent, just for the record de la hoya id not....
            Everyone relies on their opponent. Think Tyson (vs McNeeley) & Holyfied (vs Foreman) had some novelty level PPV buys but the rule is the strength of the opponent increases or decreases PPV numbers accordingly. Manny found out the same thing vs Rios (475k) & Algieri (350k).

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              To use Ronda's argument about per minute pay against her I think Floyd crushed her in per PPV Buyer pay doe. $30M for 550k buys & maybe $5M-$7M for 1M buys.
              No argument there. But Ronda is now the highest paid fighter in UFC and that is saying a lot. I congratulate her on her success and hope it continues in her upcoming movie career.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Everyone relies on their opponent. Think Tyson (vs McNeeley) & Holyfied (vs Foreman) had some novelty level PPV buys but the rule is the strength of the opponent increases or decreases PPV numbers accordingly. Manny found out the same thing vs Rios (475k) & Algieri (350k).
              That has always been the case except for, strangely enough, Ronda Rousey. People tuned in to watch Floyd lose and they tune in to watch Rousey utterly destroy whoever is standing in front of her. And considering the level of competition in women's UFC, it is a remarkable statement that she drives the numbers she does.

I think Golovkin has the chance to attract fans in much the same way as Rousey does, by destroying his opponents as badly and as fast as possible. I hope his team gets that idea through to him that carrying someone for a few rounds is really not required to make the fans happy and satisfied. I'd rather see GGG destroy Lemieux in one round than see Floyd dance, duck and run for 12. I think that by doing so, GGG could pick up a lot of cross over UFC fans for his fights. Especially with Rousey talking about him at every opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                Floyd Mayweather Charged with Raping Dogs

IronDanHamza
                "You people will believe absolutely anything. This will fall by the wayside."

Floyd Maywether Found Guilty of Raping Dogs

IronDanHamza
                "I've raped dogs for years. You people will criticize anything."

Floyd Mayweather Released After 30 Years in Prison for Raping Dogs

IronDanHamza
                "Eat that pactards "
                Pretty on point.

Comment

Working...
                X