Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPV Industry Source: Being Generous "Mayweather-Berto May Hit 550,000 Buys"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat dan is really being generous, because the week of the fight it was being reported as the lowest pre orders any floyd ppv. The drop off is backlash for how he didnt throw or open up against pacquiao. How do you go from 4.4 million buys to a measely 500 and below ppv buys? Floyd shouldnt have drop off since he never lost unless people only tuned into hus ppv before because they wanted the pacquiao fight and when they got it and were not impressed they stopped watching, its also why floyd lost the espy, most people said floyd got exposed in the pacquiao fight they were like you talked all this mess about being tbe and how you would destroy pacman yet you couldnt even hurt him and couldnt outdo morales or mraquez? How can you be the best ever if all you did was hold and move? Floyd is retiring for good, only fight people will pay for is a pacquiao rematch and floyd wont even be able to use his iv this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      550k isn't bad considering the opponent. 250k more than Pacquiao-Algieri.
      another SALTY floyd fan

Comment

• I love how Floyd has conditioned people to think 550k ppv buys is terrible. He had a terrible opponent and the fight was announced Hella late. I don't know about you all but I didn't really see a lot of promotion for his fight, either. 550k would be impressive given the circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          So Mayweather fans are now your official source? Lol..
          with regards to floyd's ppv yes. they are the expert when it comes to that.

check all the threads about Floyd ppv and you will see for yourself.

you still laughing?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Lots of people are going to be backpeddling when Manny's next fight flops in epic fashion. Kinda like how they were for the Algieri fight but worse.
            I think Bob and HBO will work out some kind of deal where Manny fights on HBO with a Steve Forbes level opponent like Fishnets DelaCoka. not having to pay for that kind of Manny fight would make fans happy after how he performed May 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              What's funny is Fat Dan's alleged "PPV source"

Fat Dan, everyone knows you have no sources.
              He has many sources. How could he not? I understand why some fans don't like him, but he certainly has access to information and inside sources throughout boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I think Bob and HBO will work out some kind of deal where Manny fights on HBO with a Steve Forbes level opponent like Fishnets DelaCoka. not having to pay for that kind of Manny fight would make fans happy after how he performed May 2nd.
                I feel like they almost have to put it on regular HBO. Especially if it's Crawford. Depends on how much they pay Manny though.

Comment

• Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                  He has many sources. How could he not? I understand why some fans don't like him, but he certainly has access to information and inside sources throughout boxing.
                  From what I've seen he barely has sources with Mayweather, Haymon or Showtime for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcpryor View Post
                    I love how Floyd has conditioned people to think 550k ppv buys is terrible. He had a terrible opponent and the fight was announced Hella late. I don't know about you all but I didn't really see a lot of promotion for his fight, either. 550k would be impressive given the circumstances.
                    The circumstances??? He created the circumstances. Mayweather Promotions was the promoter. Floyd picked the opponent. Floyd decided to announce the fight extremely late (for whatever reason), and Floyd decide not to do a press tour.

550K is a massive disappointment for the even considering Floyd's guarantee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      550k isn't bad considering the opponent. 250k more than Pacquiao-Algieri.
                      Good lord you're an idiot.

Pac and Algieri weren't getting paid 32 million. Not even close, their combined purses weren't even close to 32 million.

They got tax breaks in Macau. Fighting in Vegas, you don't.

There's a reason why they got paid what they got and fought where they fought.

Like I said, Fraud had an 87.5% DROP in PPV sales from his last fight only 4 months ago.

LOL at how the FloeHoe Stans are trying to tell themselves this was an OK number.
                      Last edited by Death_Adder; 09-16-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X