Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman: Berto Fight More Entertaining Than Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both were boring as hell. But lets be real here... Berto was no threat to Floyd and he toyed with him in a boring fashion.

Comment

Thurman explains in the article why it was more entertaining. Floyd had the confidence to engage. He fought scared against Pacquiao, just as his father kept telling him. I'm not knocking him for that, who wouldn't be cautious against Manny? And Manny was cautious as well. I think each realized early that the other was for real. Berto was never going to threaten Floyd.

Comment

haha well considering his opponent was ***ing berto, It would be embarrassing if he didn't engage. but then again I wouldn't know. didn't see that garbage

Comment

Despite all the crap Berto takes from fans, he did way better than Canelo!

Comment

Of course it was.... many people within the boxing community knew that before hand. However, it doesn't really mean much as nobody in the 147 division had a shot. Pac was the only one and that obviously didn't work out. Which again is what many had said years ago when Pac decided to fight a past prime loser like Clottey, Margarito or a Mosley who couldn't even beat Sergio Mora.... Never mind the junior welter weight division that Pac pulled up to welter weight.

At the end of the day, Berto is legit for anyone who fights at 147. The problem was, Mayweather made it a PPV fight when it was nothing more than a swan song type fight that should have been free-99. The fight was entertaining at times but overall ended exactly as many expected it to. Nothing more, nothing less. Time to move on as that era is over.... Let's see Brook vs Thurman. That is the fight to see at 147.

Comment

Thurman is so ******! Floyd always dose this, when he fights a guy like Pacquiao he doesn't fight! because he knows hes to much of a threat and won't take a chance what so ever. that's why he runs, hugs more and won't take any chance's like we all witnessed. But with guys like Berto and Cotto when he knows he's in control and no way of being knock out, he takes chance so he won't make it a snooze, but more like it was a fight,so he won't upset the fan's as much.
              Last edited by Toltec77; 09-15-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah because Berto is not in that class at all. He pressed more and he got tagged more. Pac should have pressed the fight more. That Pac is long gone.

Comment

I agree but only because Floyd opened up a bit more and threw more combinations.
                  Manny landed way more clean punches then Berto. I can only remember one good shot Berto landed honestly in like the 7th round. Berto was terrible...

Comment

...this is probably the first time that I have ever agreed with Keith "Run Time" Thurman.

Pacquiao should have engaged more in the fight to make it look better, but he didn't do it. Maidana and Canelo were more active in their fights against Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                      ...this is probably the first time that I have ever agreed with Keith "Run Time" Thurman.

Pacquiao should have engaged more in the fight to make it look better, but he didn't do it. Maidana and Canelo were more active in their fights against Floyd
                      They were also much,much bigger and able to impose some of that size on Floyd and back him up into the ropes and hold him there. manny was just way too small and weak to do that. And it's not his style anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X