Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's IV injection (Master thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    Put it this way.

If Mayweather used the IV to mask PEDs than he whole crusade to clean up the sport was fake and he only asked for drug testing to duck Manny.

If he really used the IV for dyhydration than that proves Manny was right about blood testing making him feel weak and was just for asking for the cut off period.
    You are really using the IV situation in 2015 to try and justify what Manny did in 09? Come on dude, seriously, let the loss go already.

Comment

• Bob Bennett (who worked for the FBI before assuming his present position as executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission) has this to say: “The TUE for Mayweather’s IV - and the IV was administered at Floyd’s house, not in a medical facility, and wasn’t brought to our attention at the time - was totally unacceptable. I’ve made it clear to Travis Tygart that this should not happen again. We have the sole authority to grant any and all TUEs in the state of Nevada. USADA is a drug-testing agency. USADA should not be granting waivers and exemptions. Not in this state. We are less than pleased that USADA acted the way it did.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
        Bob Bennett (who worked for the FBI before assuming his present position as executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission) has this to say: ***8220;The TUE for Mayweather***8217;s IV - and the IV was administered at Floyd***8217;s house, not in a medical facility, and wasn***8217;t brought to our attention at the time - was totally unacceptable. I***8217;ve made it clear to Travis Tygart that this should not happen again. We have the sole authority to grant any and all TUEs in the state of Nevada. USADA is a drug-testing agency. USADA should not be granting waivers and exemptions. Not in this state. We are less than pleased that USADA acted the way it did.***8221;

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          i'm sure there is, but athletes that are dehydrated usually take IV's and not other methods because its quicker
          I've been in athletics my entire life all the way through college both coaching and playing. I have never once seen a athlete take an IV to rehydrate.

WADA specifically sites the encouraged risk with the use of IVs for re-hydration in weight classification sports in it reasoning for banning the method.

In sports with weight classifications, athletes may be encouraged to undertake significant, accelerated weight loss to qualify for a competition and then use IV infusion to rapidly rehydrate. This practice invokes issues of athlete health and safety.
          https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws....ons_4.0_en.pdf
          Last edited by GTTofAK; 09-14-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
            I've been in athletics my entire life all the way through college both coaching and playing. I have never once seen a athlete take and IV to rehydrate.

WADA specifically sites the encouraged risk with the use of IVs for re-hydration in weight classification sports in it reasoning for banning the method.

Then you obviously haven't been involved with professional boxing.

Comment

I've been in athletics my entire life all the way through college both coaching and playing. I have never once seen a athlete take an IV to rehydrate.

Dez Bryant took one last night in the cowboys/giants game. I am not in any way questioning what WADA protocols are.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post

Notice the double speak. 'He didn't do anything that violated the WADA banned substances list'.

The IV isn't' a banned substance its banned method. Dont think that his parsing of words was a accident.

Comment

Notice the double speak. 'He didn't do anything that violated the WADA banned substances list'.

The IV isn't' a banned substance its banned method. Dont think that his parsing of words was a accident.
                  Did you not hear the part where he says, 'Mr. Mayweather has done nothing wrong.' ??

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    Did you not hear the part where he says, 'Mr. Mayweather has done nothing wrong.' ??

And how does he know that without an investigation? All this is proving is that much like baseball this will take congress and the FBI.

Comment

And how does he know that without an investigation?
                      Maybe you should ask Bennett yourself? What we do know is that they cleared Mr. Mayweather of any wrongdoing.

Comment

Working...
                      X