Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's IV injection (Master thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IV use is not prohibited by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

USADA bans IV use but granted Mayweather an exemption.

No rules were broken, no punishment will come.

Mayweather is TBE, no fighter has ever accomplished what he has. He embarrassed Pac, he whipped everyone put in front of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      Maybe you should ask Bennett yourself? What we do know is that they cleared Mr. Mayweather of any wrongdoing.
      MLB also turned a blind eye. I'm going it when congress gets involved in this Bennet just sealed boxing's death warrant by doing the same **** MLB did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        What normal fighter uses an IV before a fight?
        Red-flag, only blind biased Floyd fans believe its nothing.
        A lot more common in combat sports than you think. MMA fighters talking about the upcoming ban. It's not banned yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
          I've been in athletics my entire life all the way through college both coaching and playing. I have never once seen a athlete take an IV to rehydrate.

WADA specifically sites the encouraged risk with the use of IVs for re-hydration in weight classification sports in it reasoning for banning the method.

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws....ons_4.0_en.pdf

Well jeez if your wealth of high school and college sports experience says so.... lol

Look at MMA: UFC fighters have been using IV's to rehydrate for years now. An IV ban is something USADA has only recently put into place.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
            MLB also turned a blind eye. I'm going it when congress gets involved in this Bennet just sealed boxing's death warrant by doing the same **** MLB did.
            Only absolute fools think or believe Congress is going to get involved. Keep in mind USADA also cleared Mayweather and they are the official anti-doping agency of the United States, sponsored by the United States gov.

Comment

Only absolute fools think or believe Congress is going to get involved. Keep in mind USADA also cleared Mayweather and they are the official anti-doping agency of the United States, sponsored by the United States gov.
              Exactly. I have to laugh at everyone calling for punishment. The NSAC allows IV use and USADA gave Floyd an exemption. There's nothing to investigate, it's an open and shut case.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyNL View Post
                USADA bans IV use but granted Mayweather an exemption
                USADA is under WADA. WADA provides no such grounds for an exemption in the given circumstances here.

2. Diagnosis

A. Medical history
                A summary of the athlete***8217;s history and the findings of a physical examination should confirm the diagnosis and establish the need for an IV infusion.

A precise description of the clinical situation and specific medical indication for the IV infusion must be given in the TUE application. Note that if an IV infusion or injection is part of a clinical investigation, surgical procedure or hospital admission, there is no requirement for a TUE. The athlete is nevertheless advised to obtain and keep a copy of the medical records from the intervention or procedure.

B. Diagnostic criteria

A clearly defined diagnosis should be established in accordance with the International Classification of Disenases standards of the World Health Organization ICD-10).

C. Relevant medical information
                A detailed description of the substance to be infused, the rate of infusion and any other relevant clinical information from the treating physician should be included. It must be demonstrated why an alternative permitted therapy, for example oral rehydration in case of dehydration, is not a valid option. Any existing co-morbidities that would in fluence the decision for granting a TUE should also be included.
                https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws....ons_4.0_en.pdf

There were no ground under WADA for USADA to give the TUE. In fact is specifically bans the use of IV's for moderate re-hydration.
                Last edited by GTTofAK; 09-14-2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Maybe you should ask Bennett yourself? What we do know is that they cleared Mr. Mayweather of any wrongdoing.
                  I didn't expected Bennet to admit to doing an investigation live PPV. But honestly we'll have to wait and see because depending on the pressure put upon NSAC they'll eventually have to investigate.

They're fooling no one, we all know what's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                    I didn't expected Bennet to admit to doing an investigation live PPV. But honestly we'll have to wait and see because depending on the pressure put upon NSAC they'll eventually have to investigate.

They're fooling no one, we all know what's going on.
                    Yeah, he admitted on national TV that Mr. Mayweather didn't do anything wrong, all because they are doing an investigation behind the scenes. You guys get more foolish by the minute.

Comment

Yeah, he admitted on national TV that Mr. Mayweather didn't do anything wrong, all because they are doing an investigation behind the scenes. You guys get more foolish by the minute.
                      They want the decision on May 2nd changed so bad they will cling to ANYTHING.

Comment

Working...
                      X