Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple G is now 33 years old with no notable wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
    Anyone from 154-168lbs doe... unless it's Lara or Andre Ward.

lara is a ridiculous fighter to mention, frankly, but golovkin would absolutely murder him. watch erislandy lara fight alfredo angulo.

as for ward, i don't blame golovkin's people for not moving up to 168 yet. if ward stays at the weight, that fight will still be there. you can kiss your prospective ppvs fights against alvarez and cotto goodbye, however.

ward's a bad style, and he's a super middleweight. golovkin's people want that fight less than ward's, and for good reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      You mean when he fights someone much bigger than himself?

GGG is a small middleweight. He fought at super lightweight in the amateurs.

Golovkin produced more excitement in any one of his fights than Mayweather did in his entire career.

golovkin was a MW in the amateurs in '03...

Comment

• I like Lara but Gennady folds him like a lawn chair.

Then immediately after the fight, the same guys who claim Gennady ducked Lara would infest NSB with "Lara a JMW doe!!" threads.

He would get no credit for beating Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          Triple G is the most irrelevant fighter in the game today. This guy has received as much hype over the last three years from HBO as Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya and Pacquaio ever did in their careers. Yet, the largest live audience he has attracted is 9,000 and his ratings are nothing more than average.

Now, 10 years after he started fighting professionally, he is finally stepping up to fight B(-) level fighter and his worshippers on this site think it is the second coming of Hagler/Hearns. Pathetic!!!!
          His fight against Monroe debunks that statement. If you're going to **** on somebody, at least be up to date. And don't use Roman as a reason that so many people showed up to the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            lara is a ridiculous fighter to mention, frankly, but golovkin would absolutely murder him. watch erislandy lara fight alfredo angulo.

as for ward, i don't blame golovkin's people for not moving up to 168 yet. if ward stays at the weight, that fight will still be there. you can kiss your prospective ppvs fights against alvarez and cotto goodbye, however.

ward's a bad style, and he's a super middleweight. golovkin's people want that fight less than ward's, and for good reason.
            GGG's moronic team said GGG would beat anyone from 154-168lbs and that everyone's supposedly ducking the hype job. The hype job gets called out by the two I mentioned and then the excuses started flowing from GGG's team and fanboys. His team should've kept quiet and called out only the 160lbers if they weren't ready to accept all challenges from 154-168lbs.

Lara is a ridiculous fight to mention, due to promotional issues. I've seen Lara vs Angulo... have you seen GGG vs Ouma? I'd also favor GGG in that fight by stoppage but I think it would be a better fight than the guys he's faced recently.

I don't blame GGG and his team for ducking Ward. I think Ward wins a comfortable UD over GGG @ 168lbs. GGG imo, will wait until Ward moves to 175lbs before ever considering moving up to 168lbs.

Comment

• Why is Curtis Stevens a poll option for most notable win?

GGG's Resume is quantity over quality*

C level: Sergey Khomitsky, Mehdi Bouadla, Malik Dziarra, Lajuan Simon,
              Nobuhiro Ishida, Grzegorz Proksa, Gabriel Rosado, Nilson Julio Tapia,
              Osumanu Adama, Ian Gardner

C+ level: Past prime Kassim Ouma, Marco Antonio Rubio, Matthew Macklin,
              Curtis Stevens, Willie Monroe Jr

B- level: Daniel Geale, Martin Murray, David Lemieux (soon)

Asterisk* cuz these guys avoided Golovkin:

Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam
              Anthony Mundine
              Felix Sturm
              Miguel Cotto
              Peter Quillin
              Sebastian Zbik
              Darren Barker
              Sergio Gabriel Martinez
              Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
              Carl Froch

Comment

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                GGG's moronic team said GGG would beat anyone from 154-168lbs and that everyone's supposedly ducking the hype job. The hype job gets called out by the two I mentioned and then the excuses started flowing from GGG's team and fanboys. His team should've kept quiet and called out only the 160lbers if they weren't ready to accept all challenges from 154-168lbs.

Lara is a ridiculous fight to mention, due to promotional issues. I've seen Lara vs Angulo... have you seen GGG vs Ouma? I'd also favor GGG in that fight by stoppage but I think it would be a better fight than the guys he's faced recently.

I don't blame GGG and his team for ducking Ward. I think Ward wins a comfortable UD over GGG @ 168lbs. GGG imo, will wait until Ward moves to 175lbs before ever considering moving up to 168lbs.

Do you honestly think for a moment they are scared of Lara? Everyone on here who knows anything about boxing, when push comes to shove, would pick Golovkin by KO. Even you did. It's ridiculous to even mention his name at this point as to someone Golvokin has avoided, for reasons that should be obvious. The only person that comes close would be Andre Ward, a guy a weight class above and a guy they've had no incentive to move up in weight to actually fight until maybe just now since the guy hasn't been in boxing for 2 years. Golovkin has not had a single fight at 168. They've talked about fighting single fights there against Chavez jr and Froch, two very big money fights for them, but that's as far as it went was talk. Quite obviously with Lemieux (unification) and the Canelo/Cotto being promised by the WBC immediately following, they aren't going to throw all that away to fight a BET fighter right now. Next year or so? Absolutely!

But everything New England said was true and you just acted like it was baloney. The big names have avoided him. That's a fact. Even a lot of the contenders and other title holders avoided him. From Felix Sturm, whom Golovkin was mandatory to for over two years, to N'dam who rejected two purse bids and lost his rankings as result, to Anthony Mundine years ago when Golovkin was fighting out of Germany, to Peter Quillin before the network/Haymon feud, to the big names like Chavez & Froch, Cotto & Canelo and Martinez. Even a fight with Dmitry Pirog which was scheduled on HBO fell apart when Pirog injured himself in training and had to pull out. Given the facts we know here, not speculation or opinion, but actual facts, it's more than obvious Golovkin has had the unfortunate circumstance of being viewed as too much of a risk for all of these guys to fight. His lack of "names" on his resume is a result of 160 not having any balls and unwillingness to fight. Complaining about it is like singing to the choir being that Golovkin and his fans have been complaining about these guys not stepping up to the plate. The problem here is you're complaining about it in the wrong way, placing the blame on Golvokin as if it's HIS fault Quillin/Martinez/Sturm/Cotto/et all haven't fought him yet and your only solution is to move out of his own division? The blame here should be put on the guys in his OWN division for not fighting him (and also to any sanctioning bodies that allow it).
                Last edited by ИATAS; 09-08-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Why are you haters so obsessed with GGG and his age?
                  If anything, I would think you guys would be happy that he's already 33, meaning that he probably won't have many more years to haunt you guys.
                  Also if he's a bum, surely you guys shouldn't be worried at all as there should be someone at 160 to beat him.

You guys will keep hating though, because I have a strong feeling you guys also won't like the next heir to the Middleweight thrown either.

Comment

• Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                    Why are you haters so obsessed with GGG and his age?
                    If anything, I would think you guys would be happy that he's already 33, meaning that he probably won't have many more years to haunt you guys.
                    Also if he's a bum, surely you guys shouldn't be worried at all as there should be someone at 160 to beat him.

You guys will keep hating though, because I have a strong feeling you guys also won't like the next heir to the Middleweight thrown either.
                    So in other words he hasnt fought any legit competition.

No one is "hating".

Comment

• Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
                      So in other words he hasnt fought any legit competition.

No one is "hating".
                      I have no idea what that has to do with my post.
                      If he's a bum like you people say, then surely their is someone in the Middleweight that would take care of him, instead you guys want him to fight the best Super Middleweight. If he's as bad as you haters say then he should lose to someone in a lower level, right?
                      Like I said keep crying haters!!!
                      I know it burns.

Comment

Working...
                      X