Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple G is now 33 years old with no notable wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
    I've seen so many clowns post something similar....do you dudes really study which race of boxers fans support?...you dudes really look that close?!?....what's the point?....if a black person only supports black fighters, he's racist?...I mean, help me understand!!
    Funny thing is I had Kessler before this dope Rigo pic, you hear that alot when it comes to Wlad and GGG fans race is on their mind 24/7 365

Comment

• Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
      GGG was just asking Floyd to defend the 154 lb titles he's been babysitting for years. Not at a CW, at 154. Not 2 weight classes, zero weight classes.

GGG is an exciting, talented fighter with a mediocre resume, but a wicked 20 fight KO streak. There are a lot of reasons behind the less than stellar resume. He turned pro pretty late. He was ducked by Sturm for years. Then by Martinez, Cotto, Quillin, Chavez Jr and Froch, among others.

If he's able to add Cotto/Canelo winner, Lee, maybe Jacobs, Lara and then moves up and fights Ward, he'll end up okay.

But yeah, if GGG is offering to fight Floyd at 154, chances are he's a bit small at 168.
      This is something people don't realize. He came in at 157 to fight someone last year and i def think he can make 155, 154 would be tough for him but he could prob make weight.

EDIT: i looked his weigh ins up and saw that he actually comes in at around 159 pretty much his entire career but i still think he can make JMW.
      Last edited by PulpFriction; 09-07-2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Idk why so many people hate on Gennady for trying to unify. Oh well.
        because he's part white

or maybe they don't like the Korean side

or maybe because he's from Kazakhstan

Definitely not his personality or character, that's for sure. Probably the above.

Comment

• Golovkin is a recognized champion with 14 straight defenses by knockout. To be honest, it does not matter if he has any names. That is impressive in itself. But Liemieux is coming up and after that, hopefully Canelo or Cotto will sign on which will be a name for sure. After that, he will have plenty of pull and appeal. A year or two and he's golden. He is 33 but these days, that is not that old anymore. I could see him going to 37 or 38 easy. If he keeps fighting at the same 3-4 opponents a year, he will be around 50-0 by then and if he does hang it up, that's definitely no shameful record. Right?

Comment

• This is what i always talk about. what is GGG doing, dude you're 33 with fighting style which reach past prime faster. it really is miracle GGG hasn't reach past prime yet but i guess it can be achieved if you fight can after can all of your career.

Dont believe at HBO and your promotormanager lies, at age 33 you still doesn't have career defining fight. go suck some big name ****s to get your shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              because he's part white

or maybe they don't like the Korean side

or maybe because he's from Kazakhstan

Definitely not his personality or character, that's for sure. Probably the above.
              Or maybe because he's being crowned for beating a bunch of bums. Top 5 pfp, Hail him as the goat middle weight. Everyone ducks him but two real fighters call him out and he flinches. That might be some reasons why

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                GGG will get exposed the minute he moves up in weight
                It's not a weight issue, it's an opposition issue. There's no one at 160 to test him, and the best guys around that weight class are coming from 154, so they will be at a disadvantage. Moving up to 168 to face Chavez Jr won't magically mean he is facing better opposition. It's just fighting good fighters. People say, well 'Quillin, Cotto, Jacobs are ducking', but they are missing the point. Quillin sucks, Cotto has yet to weigh in beyond 155lbs and is past prime with just a little left in the tank for only big money fights against guys of similar size, Jacobs is chinny. If the likes of prime Winky, Hopkins, were at 160, that would be great opposition, but 160 is far from that right now.

168-175 has some great opposition, Ward, Kovalev, Hopkins, Stevenson, Pascal, DeGale Dirrell, Abraham (Not great but better opponent than anyone else at 160). GGG defenders say 160 is better than 168, just look at the fact that 168 alone has 2 Olympic Gold medalists, 1 Olympic Bronze medalist and some other former amateur stand outs like Groves, Jack, and Alvarez. GGG himself is an Olympic Silver medalist, why doesn't he join 168 with all the other Olympic medal winners? 160 has no such thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  This is what i always talk about. what is GGG doing, dude you're 33 with fighting style which reach past prime faster. it really is miracle GGG hasn't reach past prime yet but i guess it can be achieved if you fight can after can all of your career.

Dont believe at HBO and your promotormanager lies, at age 33 you still doesn't have career defining fight. go suck some big name ****s to get your shot.
                  He won't reach past prime as long as he keeps fighting the guys he is fighting. Lemieux, who's next Lee? then Saunders? Fighters who became past prime at 33+ was after a decade+ of being in wars and moving up in weight classes, losing reflexes like Chavez Sr, Whitaker, Jones Jr (Had moved through 4 weight classes then back down at 34 when he lost). The guys you speak of, they fought future HOF'ers and fought tough opposition in higher weight classes by 33. It takes a toll on your body. GGG has been through no such obstacles and will never be at 160.

Comment

• On one hand I appreciate how GGG is taking care of business by scoring KOs when placed against an over matched opponent, but on the other hand I can see where the thread starter is coming from. At this same age other KO artist from the previous era like: Trinidad, Pacquiao, and Roy Jones all had more than one big victory against Hall of Fame quality competition.

GGG doesn't even have one.

Comment

• Canelo is the only possible notable opponent in middlewieght. GGG should move up if he and his team want big fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X