No announcement yet.

Who is the best Mexican and Puerto Rican fighter or ALL TIME? THE GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    Chavez sr beats every junior welter of that last 12 years. And most welters including manny and floyd.
    Lmfao, no. The problem with Chavez sr is he's Mexicos most popular and loved fighter which blinds people to the reality of what he actually was, a very good come forward pressure fighter. He's not even a top 30 ATG and I've actually seen people put the guy in their top 5 ATG lists, unreal.

Gifts against Whittaker and Meldrick Taylor, thoroughly beaten by Randall (SD my a$$) and his best win was a 12 round UD vs Camacho. Mayweather schools him 120-108 and a prime Manny probably knocks him out within 6. Criminally overrated fighter, give me JMM, Sanchez, Zarate and Olivares over him any day.

Comment

Mex: JMM (Pacman murks JCC SR and company.)

PR: Tito

Comment

PR-Tito

Mexico-finito lopez

Comment

Originally posted by Doritos View Post
          ^This.

JCC is so overrated it isn't funny, spent 90% of his career beating up actual taxi drivers and getting gift decisions everytime he stepped up against a live fighter.
          Outsode of pernell, name all these gift decisions when he stepped up..

Guy has wins over
          Martinez
          Laporte
          Lockridge
          Rosario
          Camacho
          Taylor
          Mayweather twice

Who are these gift decisions???

Comment

Originally posted by Doritos View Post
            ^This.

JCC is so overrated it isn't funny, spent 90% of his career beating up actual taxi drivers and getting gift decisions everytime he stepped up against a live fighter.
            PR=Gomez
            Mexico=JCC

Only in this Internet era of the revisionist, YouTube snapshot, boxing "experts" would someone say Chavez is overrated. This whole "Mexican cab driver" was started by Greg Haugen (an American fighter) who took methodical punishment by JCC.

Also, Chavez (a Mexican fighter) fought mostly His country men for his first 25 wins. But go look at his record from 45-0 to 87-0--he fought maybe 10 Mexican fighters in over 40 fights (far from 90 percent. Technically he only a little over a quarter of Mexican fighters).

He had his first loss after he was 30 years old (some would say well after he peaked).

We can't dismiss Chavez because his skill level was so above his contemporaries that we have to call him "overrated".

Seriously, look at the facts. If you dismiss Chavez as "overrated" you're doing yourself a disservice by not appreciating his run as champ.

It's just a dumb thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Outsode of pernell, name all these gift decisions when he stepped up..

Guy has wins over
              Martinez
              Laporte
              Lockridge
              Rosario
              Camacho
              Taylor
              Mayweather twice

Who are these gift decisions???
              Taylor was a gift and if you disagree with that you're not worth talking to. Unless you mean the rematch of course in which case the guy was an absolute shell of himself. Already gave him credit for Camacho which is his biggest win. Mayweather was a good win, not the type of win that puts you in the top 5 ATG though, nor are the rest of the fighters you listed.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
                PR=Gomez
                Mexico=JCC

Only in this Internet era of the revisionist, YouTube snapshot, boxing "experts" would someone say Chavez is overrated. This whole "Mexican cab driver" was started by Greg Haugen (an American fighter) who took methodical punishment by JCC.

Also, Chavez (a Mexican fighter) fought mostly His country men for his first 25 wins. But go look at his record from 45-0 to 87-0--he fought maybe 10 Mexican fighters in over 40 fights (far from 90 percent. Technically he only a little over a quarter of Mexican fighters).

He had his first loss after he was 30 years old (some would say well after he peaked).

We can't dismiss Chavez because his skill level was so above his contemporaries that we have to call him "overrated".

Seriously, look at the facts. If you dismiss Chavez as "overrated" you're doing yourself a disservice by not appreciating his run as champ.

It's just a dumb thing to say.
                I was around for JCCs run as a champ. I witnessed and watched it. Tell me, who was JCCs biggest win?

His first 43 wins were against cab drivers. Actual cab drivers. In one instance I remember reading he actually got DQ'd in a fight but the decision got changed to a Knockout victory, lol, I might be wrong on that though.
                Last edited by Doritos; 08-30-2015, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikinoki View Post
                  Mexico:It's a toes up between JCC and his son GGG
                  ggg? Not a chance, Mexican warriors are famous for fighting tough competition. ggg simply doesn't make the grade

Comment

PR- 1.Gomez 2. Ortiz 3. Tito/Benitez

Mex- 1. Chavez Sr 2. Sanchez 3. Lopez/Olivares

Comment

Just one mention for Ricardo Lopez in here? Damn.

Comment

Working...
                      X