Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 168 lbs/12 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 168 Ward has the advantage in size. He is 6'1" and coming down from Lt. Heavy. He will blow up to cruiserweight on fight night. Given his wrestling, clinching style I think he does his best to turn it into a boring fight full of fouls and constant interference by the ref to break them apart. Not a barn-burner or even mildly entertaining fight. But, for every GGG hater who insists he move up to fight Ward, they will balk at the mention of GGG going down to 154 to fight Floyd. "Too big, too strong".

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      At 168 Ward has the advantage in size. He is 6'1" and coming down from Lt. Heavy. He will blow up to cruiserweight on fight night. Given his wrestling, clinching style I think he does his best to turn it into a boring fight full of fouls and constant interference by the ref to break them apart. Not a barn-burner or even mildly entertaining fight. But, for every GGG hater who insists he move up to fight Ward, they will balk at the mention of GGG going down to 154 to fight Floyd. "Too big, too strong".

Size won't save Ward against a monster like Golovkin.

Comment

• GGG beats Ward easier than he beat Jacobs. Bookmark it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
          GGG beats Ward easier than he beat Jacobs. Bookmark it.

Easier? I don't think so, but I definitely would favor Golovkin. Any time, any where, any ring size, and weight.

Comment

• Funny to think I was on the Golovkin hype train for the longest... enough so to vote for GGG by KO in this thread. Right up until he asked Ward to come down to 164 and I had to just be like yo wtf? Made me really ask myself why I thought he was so great.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-22-2017, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Size won't save Ward against a monster like Golovkin.
              Lmao, you troll...you're dumb

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                Lmao, you troll...you're dumb
                Anything Ward will try and do Golovkin will have an answer for.

If he tries to box him from the outside he will get countered and cut off trying to maneuver, get caught mid step and lifted off the canvas with an uppercut that would kill a man, he'd be out on his feet in the refs arms.

If he tries to hold his ground in the center of the ring and outbox or counter Golovkin, he would get outboxed with an educated battering ram of a jab that would literally begin to take apart his face before he gets bullied to the ropes and stopped brutally.

If he goes to war he'll eat a savage combo that ends upstairs with a left hook that drops him like a dirty diaper and has him exit the ring in a stretcher, never to be the same as a fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Anything Ward will try and do Golovkin will have an answer for.

If he tries to box him from the outside he will get countered and cut off trying to maneuver, get caught mid step and lifted off the canvas with an uppercut that would kill a man, he'd be out on his feet in the refs arms.

If he tries to hold his ground in the center of the ring and outbox or counter Golovkin, he would get outboxed with an educated battering ram of a jab that would literally begin to take apart his face before he gets bullied to the ropes and stopped brutally.

If he goes to war he'll eat a savage combo that ends upstairs with a left hook that drops him like a dirty diaper and has him exit the ring in a stretcher, never to be the same as a fighter.
                  Sure, sure he would lol, you keep dreaming about that while you remember golovkins excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    Sure, sure he would lol, you keep dreaming about that while you remember golovkins excuses.
                    The only people who have excuses are the fighters ducking Golovkin, and their fans.

Comment

• Have to vote ward after that last performabce because i think GGG is past prime now.

Ward would be 20lb heavier, would only fight in his hometown and the eef would let him hug, headbutt, hold and hit, elbow, low blow etc.

He would stifle the fight enough that itd look close and the judges would rob golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X