Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"SOG" Ward vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 168 lbs/12 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight will never happen as Ward has repeatedly said once he goes up in weight he won't come back down. However, Ward would've always won the fight. He withstood Kovalev's power for 12 rounds and outboxed Kovy...Kovy is a good ****ing boxer with serious pop.......at 175 lbs.

Yes GGG might have some good power......at 160 lbs. But his best win is against a WW and Brook busted him up fighting at him. Ward - a 175lb'er - would not be phased at all by wimpy MW power. Easy decision with possible stoppage unless GGG goes into survival mode.

Lots of people will be upset and whine when they read this, but Kovalev is a far superior boxer than GGG. Kovy is ****ing good man. I had the fight 114-113 for Ward/Kovy (too close to call and okay with the decision). No chance GGG can box with Ward all night or stun him the way Kovy did - virtually 0% chance.

Comment

• Ward, and i am a GGG fan

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Do you still think that? No fuking way gg hits harder than Kov, isn't longer, isn't as strong physically, worse defense. Too big for gg, would be 10-2 type of fight
        At 168 yea. I've been saying Ward is no longer the fighter he was in the supersix.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          At 168 yea. I've been saying Ward is no longer the fighter he was in the supersix.
          Ward would be drained at that weight so I agree he loses, at 175lb he would win fairly one sided in my opinion. I also agree that he is not the fighter he was in 2011-2013. People keep saying that Kovalev is a higher calibre fighter, which is true because of his size and ability, but put Kovalev to one side. Look at Ward's fights against Barrera and Brand, then go back and watch his fights vs Froch, Abraham, Kessler, etc. The difference is night and day.

Ward is still a great fighter now, but he is has slipped. If I had to try and measure it, I would say he is 80% of what he was at his best. His hand speed, foot speed, reflexes, have all diminished, and because of that his ability to turn a defensive position to an attacking position is significantly slower.

Comment

• When I answered this apparently I thought GGG by KO. I'd pick Ward by stoppage now.

Comment

• After the Ward Vs. Kovalev fight I think we can now all unanimously agree that GGG is more talented and has more depth to his game than Ward, I think GGG would KO Ward because unlike Kovalev, GGG would still keep on Ward and force him out of that running mode.

Hell, Ward couldn't even bring himself to throw a straight hand because he was too scared of Kovalev countering him, not the signs of a great fighter at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Ward is just a weight bully he always has been you've just overrated him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  When I answered this apparently I thought GGG by KO. I'd pick Ward by stoppage now.

lol.

Why the change of mind?

Comment

• Now, more than ever, I'm convinced Golovkin stops Ward.

Comment

• Ward is probably thankful he didn't become a GGG victim already after last night - now he knows he can't outbox him.

Comment

Working...
                      X