No announcement yet.

David Lemieux since his last loss....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    there were six knockdowns. there's no line of reasonable discourse that can start with "outside of the knockdowns."

i was at the fight. ndam was not "boxing his **** off." he was dropped six times.

quillin did visibly tire. i'll give you that. if you don't count the knockdowns, Ndam would have won the fight. that's not a boxing, match, however. you've got to stop following the rules of a boxing match if you want to discount a knockdown, never mind half a dozen of them.
    I'm not discounting the knockdowns, obviously I had Quillin winning on points but in rounds, it was a close fight.

I was responding to a guy who said "Look what Quillin did to him" as if Quillin destroyed him or something. Quillin got outboxed for long stages and his power + N'dam's chin bailed him out.

Comment

lemiuex is one of the better fighters in a bad division.

cotto and canelo will not fight golovkin. i don't see how you can have a ton of problems with golovkin taking one of the best available fighters.

my issue with this fight is that it is on PPV. as fans, we shouldn't be happy abotu that aprt. sadly, the netwrosk have priced themselves out of big fights on regular HBO and showtime.

the "A side - B side" rhetoric is to blame. these guys are getting top dollar for fighting cans. it's inflated their purses when they fight live bodies. when a guy who comes in as the "b side" demands a lot of money, you get small PPV instead of fights on the network.

fighters, like ward or golovkin say "well, i got 1-2 million for can, i'm not fighting a top contender for the same amount. put it on PPV, or give me another can. or i'll walk to another network."

Comment

Yeah that is somewhat true, forget the Antionio Rubio loss, he lost to fuking Joachim Alcine! Alcine he was stopped by Brian Rose as well as Matthew Macklin and Angulo in the 1st Round

Still excited about the fight stylistically but spar me with the New David Lemeiux HYPE that some are trying to start up as if we're suppose to just forget about his Defeats.

Losing is not a bad thing, you can always bounce back...however Losing to Below Average Fighter Is A Very Bad Thing!

Comment

So has Cotto since losing to Trout and Canelo since the Lara fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Outside of the knockdowns, N'Dam was boxing Quillin's **** off if I remember correctly. N'Dam's chin let him down in that fight, it wasn't as if Quillin dominated or outclassed him.
            That's right Ndam won more rounds but being dropped 6 times cost him the fight

Comment

cotto and canelo will not fight golovkin. i don't see how you can have a ton of problems with golovkin taking one of the best available fighters.

my issue with this fight is that it is on PPV. as fans, we shouldn't be happy abotu that aprt. sadly, the netwrosk have priced themselves out of big fights on regular HBO and showtime.

the "A side - B side" rhetoric is to blame. these guys are getting top dollar for fighting cans. it's inflated their purses when they fight live bodies. when a guy who comes in as the "b side" demands a lot of money, you get small PPV instead of fights on the network.

fighters, like ward or golovkin say "well, i got 1-2 million for can, i'm not fighting a top contender for the same amount. put it on PPV, or give me another can. or i'll walk to another network."
              I'm not buying the fight because I dint see anyway it will be competitive. I think GGG will beat his ass. I think there's no doubt about that. IF it turns out to be vice versa and Leneuiex does what I think is the unthinkable I will be happy to watch it a week later on HBO in its entirety.

Let me clarify one thing though, I dint think Golovkin can't be beat, I just am certain Lemeuiex cannot beat him. I see through all the alleged fireworks that this fight will provide. Why? GGG will take Lemeuiex shots and not vise versa. Lemeuiex will NOT be able to take GGGs shots.

That's my call. This fight goes 3-4 rounds before Lemeuiex is stopped and if I'm wrong (which I hope I am) I'll catch the "free" (HBO is not free) replay a week later, gladly.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                lemieux looked much more impressive against n'dam than quillin did
                No, he didn't.

Comment

Andy Lee, Peter Quillin and Daniel Jacobs all have better resumes...

Comment

Originally posted by Willie_pep1 View Post
                    That's right Ndam won more rounds but being dropped 6 times cost him the fight
                    Wrong.

The fight was scored 115-107. That means Quillin won 7 rounds. When will you GolovIdiots learn how to COUNT?

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                      Andy Lee, Peter Quillin and Daniel Jacobs all have better resumes...
                      Ndam and Rosado are better than anyone Jacobs has beaten. Even Lee has 2 bad losses and just one quality win, over unproven Korobov

Comment

Working...
                      X