No announcement yet.

Floyd talks about how Rogers health influenced his retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Sad but true, moral of the story is don't mock disabilities or peoples health conditions.

Personally I don't care about those *******s who can laugh at that but then show sympathy for something when it happens to their favourite side.
    Yep because thats what this is all about picking sides and arguing in every thread

Comment

• people act like roger was just about to cure cancer then this mental problem set in. I wonder if he could even read because he wasn't that smart. so throw in the beatings chavez gave him crack smoking and there you have it. but I have known a bunch of coal miners who never made it to 50

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        lol,you know your boxing i see

indeed, very underrated lightweight champion and beat some very good fighters in his day...his record isn't pretty but IMO he is one of the greatest lightweights of all time

Its too bad the few childish posters on this site make it hard to actually talk about boxing instead of fan boy wars, insulting each other, and talking about their purses, etc. in every thread

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Looooooool. Always funny.

Comment

• Boxing is a brutal sport and Roger was hurt/knocked out many times. Unfortunately everyone is different and you just never know. I don't give Floyd an excuse for taking such an easy last fight. I do think the guy has every right to walk away. He's pretty much done all he can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              That would be good but it definitely won't happen.

I'm not sure who came up with those combinations but my guess would be Roger and Floyd. It would be cool though to see Jr and Sr on the pads.
              short clip from back in the day:

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                It's not just boxing or head trauma that causes this.

A healthy 30 year old can be affected by alzheimers/demetia
                Come on Boxing is the reason roger is the way he is.

Comment

• What a sad interview, I found this today, just like one comment says sometimes, we forget he's a man with problems just like everybody else.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleach View Post
                    short clip from back in the day:
                    Floyd Sr. is very likely the one who first introduced the family to that style of mittwork. And he appears to have learned it from an old Detroit trainer named Darryl Williams (sometimes referred to as Dale Williams in some interviews.)

In regards to Roger's health, diabetes is very dangerous especially if a careful diet isn't followed. And as other posters have mentioned there might be a link between diabetes and Alzheimer's.

Comment

Working...
                    X