Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan "Childlike Mayweather Will Be Remembered As A Cherrypicker Not A Great."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
    but if people are calling floyd top ten ATG then he should have beaten at least ONE prime hof'er. but guess what? he hasn't. floyd has carefully chosen his opponents. waiting until they were old and war torn and well past their prime. manny, cotto, de la hoya, mosley, etc. etc. all well past their primes.

floyd is the biggest punk.

nobody with an opinion worth hearing is calling floyd mayweather a top 10 all time great.

and i do agree about floyd's career being moved carefully. shane mosley was coming off of a long layoff, and didn't look terrific against floyd, but he was the top ww in the world off of the margarito fight. margarito's rank on the back of the cotto win was obviously shady, btu that doesn't mean shane wasn't looked at as a threat.

all of this stuff doesn't make hiim a punk. his career was moved with finances in mind. along the way he fought competition that earned him a spot in the hall of fame, and on the first ballot. he's also one of the 50-100 greatest fighters of all time based on his accomplishments and his ability.

he is the best defensive fighter i have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Pacquiao
      Cotto
      Oscar
      Hatton
      Corrales
      Castillo
      Judah
      Jmm
      Mosley
      Canelo
      Hernendez

who can run thru all these names undefeated? if this is cherry picking then.lol

other names

Maidana
      Ortiz
      Guerrero
      Manfredy
      Gatti

get over yourself,the man dedicated himself to the sport and deserves his props
      . . but he won't get it from the haters Larry, just accept it for what it is, Floyd don't care!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        floyd mayweather is a first ballot hall of famer, and an all time great.

he's the best defensive boxer i've ever seen.

he didn't fight a bunch of hall of famers in their primes. most guys don't have prime hall of famers on their resumes.

the only major flaw in his resume, IMO, is a reluctance to fight pacquiao. that was two sided, and it clearly was the right move. it made both guys a boatload of extra money, and extended their careers.

those two guys sold an ungodly amout of PPV that they'd never be able to sell if it weren't for the promotional benefit of casuals speculating about the possibility of fighting each other. waiting six years or so to fight each other sold millions of extra PPV.

why did we get floyd - ortiz
        manny - clottey

etc?

because floyd - pacquiao was big business, and it promoted those fights, even if it didn't happen until 2015.
        You said that right he didn't fight a bunch of hall a famers in their prime but most don't hate to tell but look at the all time greats they all fought themselves in their primes

Comment

Smh......

Originally posted by New England View Post
          nobody with an opinion worth hearing is calling floyd mayweather a top 10 all time great.

and i do agree about floyd's career being moved carefully. shane mosley was coming off of a long layoff, and didn't look terrific against floyd, but he was the top ww in the world off of the margarito fight. margarito's rank on the back of the cotto win was obviously shady, btu that doesn't mean shane wasn't looked at as a threat.

all of this stuff doesn't make hiim a punk. his career was moved with finances in mind. along the way he fought competition that earned him a spot in the hall of fame, and on the first ballot. he's also one of the 50-100 greatest fighters of all time based on his accomplishments and his ability.

he is the best defensive fighter i have ever seen.

If Floyd is the best defensive fighter you've ever seen, then that's your personal opinion. I myself, challenge that opinion because Whitaker is the greatest defensive fighter of all-times. WHY??? For several reasons. You could not hit Pea with any one punch consistently. Floyd is susceptible to a jab. You couldn't target Pea's body because of his great legs. Floyd GIVES you his body. You can score to Floyd's body. Floyd has fought B Level guys his entire career and got touched up. Maidana wouldn't touch Pea. Castillo wouldn't touch Pea. Did you see what Pea did to Chavez? An A Level ATG? Floyd is overrated and doesn't challenge his defense against the best. Pea LIVED to take on the biggest fights possible. So, tell me again how Floyd is a better defender? When Pea did it against the very best????? Floyd gets hit way more than Pea did, man. #FACTS

Comment

What a bunch of bull****!!!! Mayweather has fought Cotto, Pacquiao and Canelo in the last couple of years and they would all knock Khan's ***ing head off. Mayweather also fought Maidana twice while Khan refuses to give Maidana a well deserved rematch. While Mayweather is fighting the badass punchers of the boxing world Khan is fighting that killer Diaz and those murderous punchers Algieri. Collazo and Alexander. Khan is the disgusting cherry picker, not Mayweather. Berto is a better fighter and far more dangerous than anybody Khan has fought since his KO lose to Garcia. Meanwhile Khan refuses to fight Brook for top dollar and a world title. KHAN IS THE CHERRY PICKER.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
              If Floyd is the best defensive fighter you've ever seen, then that's your personal opinion. I myself, challenge that opinion because Whitaker is the greatest defensive fighter of all-times. WHY??? For several reasons. You could not hit Pea with any one punch consistently. Floyd is susceptible to a jab. You couldn't target Pea's body because of his great legs. Floyd GIVES you his body. You can score to Floyd's body. Floyd has fought B Level guys his entire career and got touched up. Maidana wouldn't touch Pea. Castillo wouldn't touch Pea. Did you see what Pea did to Chavez? An A Level ATG? Floyd is overrated and doesn't challenge his defense against the best. Pea LIVED to take on the biggest fights possible. So, tell me again how Floyd is a better defender? When Pea did it against the very best????? Floyd gets hit way more than Pea did, man. #FACTS
              You challenge his opinion with a whole lot of your own opinion... If he is the greatest defensive fighter of all time why did he suffer so many careless knockdowns? Do you still get to say you're the best defensive fighter ever when you get caught off balance on multiple occasions by multiple boxers?

Comment

Okay buddy.........

Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
                You challenge his opinion with a whole lot of your own opinion... If he is the greatest defensive fighter of all time why did he suffer so many careless knockdowns? Do you still get to say you're the best defensive fighter ever when you get caught off balance on multiple occasions by multiple boxers?

My opinion is based on what I have seen from both fighters. Some of it is fact, also. Like the part where I say Floyd has fought B Level guys his entire career. That isn't a fact? Or how he is susceptible to a jab? That's not a fact? Or how he gives you his body? That's not a fact? The only "opinion" part of my statement was that Pea is the greatest defensive fighter to me. Pea didn't lose a legit fight until he fought Tito. Do you know how old he was then? And this was a prime Tito! I thought he beat Oscar because of the knock down. When Floyd fought Oscar, he was supposed to be at his peak. Guess what? He barely won. And this was the BEST version of Floyd. Oscar was a full time promoter and part time fighter at that point. He was OLD and couldn't move anymore. That's how I know who was the better defensive fighter. Be gone already. Your only argument is how many times Pea was knocked down? Hahaha! Smh. You guys think Floyd is a boxing god. He is not.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post

I'm blinded by bold.... Sweet pea looked like crap against diobylis hurtado, Tito, borjorquez, and Rivera he was not unhittable

Both are atg....you guys get too emotional over a boxing forum

Comment

Khan lost some key fights and hung his star on Floyd, who played him like an idiot for it. He has a right to be bitter, but he never should have based his entire career on Floyd fighting him.

Comment

Khan actually fights less than Mayweather. Since Khan lost to Garcia three years ago he has only had 5 fights while Mayweather has had 6 fights in this same time period. Here is how their opponents compare by boxrec rankings right now. Kahn fought Molina who is ranked 83rd at 140. Diaz, a totally unranked lightweight. Collazo, 36th at 147, Alexander, 12th at 147 and Algieri, 20th at 147. During this same time frame Mayweather fought Cotto ranked 2nd at middleweight, Guerrero 19th at 147, Canelo ranked 1st at 154, Maidana twice,ranked 5th at 147 and Pacquiao ranked 2nd at 147. It's very clear which fighter is fighting the very high ranked and respected fighters and which fighter is cherry picking low ranked and lightly regarded fighters. Khan is the cherry picker, not Mayweather. Boxrec ranks Khan 6th at 147 so Mayweather recently beat Maidana and Pacquiao who are both ranked higher than Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X