Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan "Childlike Mayweather Will Be Remembered As A Cherrypicker Not A Great."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan "Childlike Mayweather Will Be Remembered As A Cherrypicker Not A Great."

Khan drops some more of that harsh truth serum on us as we've all come to expect by one of the greatest the sport has ever seen. :

Source: http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...ather-after-he

Amir Khan has branded Floyd Mayweather "childish" and believes the American star will not be remembered as a great fighter.

The two-time world champion has again been frustrated in his attempts to land a fight with Mayweather, who instead selected Andre Berto for his 49th bout in Las Vegas on September 12.

At the press conference to announce the Berto fight, Mayweather was asked about his reluctance to battle the Bolton man and suggested that Khan could earn a shot if he avenges his 2012 stoppage defeat by Danny Garcia.

This fresh demand from the sport’s biggest star was shrugged off by Khan as he feels the 38-year-old is continuing to tarnish his reputation by avoiding him.

"He’s just putting all these obstacles in front of me, because he knows that obviously I’m a big threat to him," Khan told Sky Sports.

"Work it out. Look at my last few opponents and he’s fighting Berto, no disrespect to Berto, who is a friend of mine, but obviously there are levels in boxing. I think he’s just being a little childish and he knows that Amir Khan will give him a tough fight and he’s kind of avoiding it.

"If he’s not going to man up and fight me, then I’ll have to fight Manny Pacquiao or someone like that. Someone who would fight me.

"I think even though Mayweather is a great champion, I don’t think he will be remembered as a great fighter because if he’s not fighting the top guys then he’s waiting until they get old when he knows the guys in front of him would give him problems. He’s cherry picking his fights.

"All the very best to Floyd Mayweather, if the fight happens between me and Mayweather it happens."

Khan expects to return to the ring in late November or December and still has plenty of exciting options to consider. WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman is calling for a clash, while Khan is confident that a thrilling showdown with former gym-mate Manny Pacquiao can be agreed.

"I really believe that fight can be made quite easily," he said. "I think Manny is a man and he would definitely take the fight."

A Wembley clash with Kell Brook, the current IBF king, also appears to be part of Khan’s future plans after he held talks with the Sheffield fighter’s promoter Eddie Hearn last month.

Comment

so since he isn't gonna be viewed as great now, he definitely wouldn't be considered great with a win over a fighter that hasn't done much at welterweight

Comment

And no arum would.make Crawford arum way before khan pac

Comment

This was already posted on BoxingScene last week and laughed at by everyone.

Do we need to read it again?

Comment

Just Curious...What Will Khan Be Remembered As? Or will he even be remembered?

Comment

Khan wouldn't even be one of Floyd's 10 best wins.

Comment

"Childlike", well if that isn't ironic...
                Let's use that in a sentence, "Amir Khan's childlike tantrums foiled his own efforts to earn the biggest payday of his life."

Comment

floyd mayweather is a first ballot hall of famer, and an all time great.

he's the best defensive boxer i've ever seen.

he didn't fight a bunch of hall of famers in their primes. most guys don't have prime hall of famers on their resumes.

the only major flaw in his resume, IMO, is a reluctance to fight pacquiao. that was two sided, and it clearly was the right move. it made both guys a boatload of extra money, and extended their careers.

those two guys sold an ungodly amout of PPV that they'd never be able to sell if it weren't for the promotional benefit of casuals speculating about the possibility of fighting each other. waiting six years or so to fight each other sold millions of extra PPV.

why did we get floyd - ortiz
                  manny - clottey

etc?

because floyd - pacquiao was big business, and it promoted those fights, even if it didn't happen until 2015.

Comment

Cringe from A Mere Con again. The only people that are more sillier than A Mere Con are his twitter crew who have absolutely no knowledge of boxing at all, yet blindly post random rubbish about every fighter out there whilst rimming A Mere Con off, furiously.

Comment

Working...
                    X