Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not Kovalev vs. Ward on the Cotto-Alvarez PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    Kovalev vs Ward will probably be worthy of a PPV on it's on by this time next year, as long as Ward stays active and maybe gets a decent win under his belt at 175, maybe against Pascal?
    Pascal is coming off two losses like Paul Smith, so Ward might summon up the courage to face him.

But Princess Ward would demand the fight be in Oakland at a catchweight of 173, and he'd require a bad referee like Jack Reiss or Lawrence Cole to allow him to use illegal tactics like head butts and clamping Pascal's arms. And of course, the prima donna would demand a huge payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      That would make sense, wouldn't it?

Or will Princess Ward want to fight some super middleweight guy coming off two losses at a catch weight of 173 or something like that? (in Oakland, of course).
      cos PPVs have terrible undercards these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        What about Ward /Huck?
        After ward/GGG 1st and then Kov/Ward if Kov beats Adonis if he ever goes thru the purse bid, I'm all for it.

Comment

For ****'s sake, Ward just fought not too long ago - the guy deserves at least 1.5 years off. Ward will be back in 2017 to grace our presence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I think Kov /Huck would be an undercard fight. Ward/Kov is a headline fight that should happen after Ward/GGG.
            Ward will only fight one or the other, not both. Whoever gets him first will knock him out making the other fight irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
              Ward will only fight one or the other, not both. Whoever gets him first will knock him out making the other fight irrelevant.
              Yes, Kov and Huck have a good chance to KO Ward. If Kov does KWTFO obviously no Huck/Ward.

As for GGG, if he could they'd be fighting at 168 in October. Instead we get LePew, excuse me, Lemeuix.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Yes, Kov and Huck have a good chance to KO Ward. If Kov does KWTFO obviously no Huck/Ward.

As for GGG, if he could they'd be fighting at 168 in October. Instead we get LePew, excuse me, Lemeuix.
                Lemieux is Ring #4 and Transnational #4 and HAS A WORLD TITLE in Golovkin's weight division.

And Lemieux is a much more exciting boxer than Andre "Princess Octopus" Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  For ****'s sake, Ward just fought not too long ago - the guy deserves at least 1.5 years off. Ward will be back in 2017 to grace our presence.
                  yeah, let's not rush him. He needs time to count his millions.

All roads lead to Andre Ward.

Comment

Man, that would be great. These PPVs should be stacked like this. I think Kovalev wouldn't mind it if they pulled it off somehow on a undercard but don't know if Ward's ego would allow that despite the rumor on him possibly being on a undercard of that fight.

Comment

Ward will fight Perriban on the Alvarez/Cotto undercard, then have his big step-up fight next year against Patrick Nielsen then probably retire.

Comment

Working...
                      X