Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beterbiev turns down Kovalev offer (per Rafael)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    He'd be much worse off with Top Rank.

Golden Boy would be a better choice.
    ryabinsky and/or hryunov would be best, but it'd mean that more of his fights would happen in russia than the usa

but he seems close with duva. can't see him leaving her any time soon

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      Guessing Haymon wants a purse bid to show this fight on pbc.

The fight can't happen on pbc.

Kovalev has a contract with hbo.

Comment

I wanna thank Al Haymon for blocking fights again.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Disappointing but not unexpected, wonder if B-Hop will take the Beterbiev fight
          Probably not... he has until Thursday to give interest before they move on.

Also 500k and PPV revenue doesn't seem like that much because I'm pretty sure he's making more with Haymon already...also they talked it up as a big event in Russia.

Duva better make some friends fast

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

Also 500k and PPV revenue doesn't seem like that much because I'm pretty sure he's making more with Haymon already...also they talked it up as a big event in Russia.

I've been saying for a while that Kovalev needs Ryabinsky and/or Hyrunov. Duva isn't doing anything for him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
              I've been saying for a while that Kovalev needs Ryabinsky and/or Hyrunov. Duva isn't doing anything for him at this point.
              She got him to where he is now, so at this point it's loyalty.

Heard he's been pissed with her... dropping a belt won't help

Comment

Just curious hoe do you know it was a 500k offer? That is pathetic, mohammad made like 400k I think. Beterbiev is going to become mando and force Kov to vacate

Comment

Essentially what it comes down to. If you can make good money against C-level opposition, why accept ok money against A-level opposition?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Essentially what it comes down to. If you can make good money against C-level opposition, why accept ok money against A-level opposition?
                    500k isn't ok money when this fight is going to be bought by hbo and these guys are a big deal in Russia

Comment

oh well he can get a few more fights under his belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X