Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beterbiev turns down Kovalev offer (per Rafael)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beterbiev honestly is NOT ready, Kovalev would obliterate him, with that said it still would of been a fun fight but the match making is not right yet.

HOWEVER, are people going to act like this has nothing to do with Haymon? How often do I post on here that Al Haymon does not let his fighters fight non-Haymon fighters who actually know how to fight/have pulses.

In what world is that good for the sport? Look if PBC allows matchups with NON-HAYMON fighters who aren't part-time boxers/single fathers trying to make a couple thousand dollars, etc. PBC would be great. But the fact of the matter is that he simply will not allow it- while also not allowing his fighters to fight non-haymon boxers on other networks either.

Dunn, where you at? Can you please tell us how many non-Haymon boxers who box full time/legit fighters have fought on PBC against Haymon boxers? Unless I am completely missing something, surely it's basically about 0. Al Haymon does not allow his fighters to fight non-haymon fighters (who are good) That is absolutely TERRIBLE for the sport, he's making boxing into a joke. PBC = WWE, especially once they introduce "PBC championship belts"

Comment

No, I'm not hating- I'm just calling it how I see it and spitting facts.

PBC simply cannot be good for the sport UNTIL Haymon allows good non-haymon fighters to fight his fighters, and/or allows his fighters to fight non-Haymon fighters on other networks

How could anybody defend this? The only way this can be defended is if you want boxing to be WWE/not being about the best vs. the best, etc.

And lets be real- the match ups have reflected this. Even the haymon-haymon match ups have been mismatches. I remember Dunn on here saying one day Kovalev is ducking Stevenson cause he doesn't want to fight him on PBC...... LOL you know there's no chance in hell Haymon ever allows Kovalev on PBC to fight one of his fighters unless it's like a triple-threat match, TLC or a last man standing match with a blindfold and handcuffs on Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        You keep struggling with the fact that that was a mandatory defense. He didn't seek out that goof like Stevenson did karpency. You also keep ignoring the fact that kovalev can only fight on hbo, purse bid is useless.
        True. Mohammedi was the same guy BHop would have had to fight in a mando if he hadn't fought Kovalev. The obligation to fight Mohammedi came with the IBF title Krusher won from Bernard.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
          Beterbiev honestly is NOT ready, Kovalev would obliterate him, with that said it still would of been a fun fight but the match making is not right yet.

HOWEVER, are people going to act like this has nothing to do with Haymon? How often do I post on here that Al Haymon does not let his fighters fight non-Haymon fighters who actually know how to fight/have pulses.

In what world is that good for the sport? Look if PBC allows matchups with NON-HAYMON fighters who aren't part-time boxers/single fathers trying to make a couple thousand dollars, etc. PBC would be great. But the fact of the matter is that he simply will not allow it- while also not allowing his fighters to fight non-haymon boxers on other networks either.

Dunn, where you at? Can you please tell us how many non-Haymon boxers who box full time/legit fighters have fought on PBC against Haymon boxers? Unless I am completely missing something, surely it's basically about 0. Al Haymon does not allow his fighters to fight non-haymon fighters (who are good) That is absolutely TERRIBLE for the sport, he's making boxing into a joke. PBC = WWE, especially once they introduce "PBC championship belts"
          How did Gary Russell lose to Lomanchenko if Haymon does not let his fighters fight non-Haymon fighters who actually know how to fight/have pulses?

HBO has banned Haymon fighters. Prior to yesterday, the FOxsports1 deal was with GBP only, which is suing Haymon. Spike TV's deal with TR will not have Haymon fighters because Arum doesn't work with Haymon.

Other than some Dibella clients, I do not think many non haymon fighters have fought on PBC. You blame Haymon but you forget that PBC was created as a response to the paragraph above.

It takes 2 to tango. Instead of begging those who ostracized him he created his own lane.
          Why not go after those who ostracized him rather than ask Haymon not to innovate or create a vehicle to get his clients exposure?

Comment

We can't really believe duva she's the biggest liar in the sport of boxing

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
              No, I'm not hating- I'm just calling it how I see it and spitting facts.

PBC simply cannot be good for the sport UNTIL Haymon allows good non-haymon fighters to fight his fighters, and/or allows his fighters to fight non-Haymon fighters on other networks

How could anybody defend this? The only way this can be defended is if you want boxing to be WWE/not being about the best vs. the best, etc.

And lets be real- the match ups have reflected this. Even the haymon-haymon match ups have been mismatches. I remember Dunn on here saying one day Kovalev is ducking Stevenson cause he doesn't want to fight him on PBC...... LOL you know there's no chance in hell Haymon ever allows Kovalev on PBC to fight one of his fighters unless it's like a triple-threat match, TLC or a last man standing match with a blindfold and handcuffs on Kovalev
              Or he could simply make deals with every great fighter and form a monopoly.

Now you are lying, I never use the word duck. I said Kov moved away from the fight when he pulled out of the purse bid-something that irritates you because you are a Kov fan.

Had duva/Kov gone through with the purse bid-same as Russell/lomachenko-then the fight would've happened on PBC or Showtime and the best man would win.

See King, your real problem is Kov went out like a f@g b1tch just like you said Adonis did in 2014 and you are not man enough to call him on it. Adonis took the money from SHO, Kov from HBO.

I just want to see them fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                How did Gary Russell lose to Lomanchenko if Haymon does not let his fighters fight non-Haymon fighters who actually know how to fight/have pulses?

HBO has banned Haymon fighters. Prior to yesterday, the FOxsports1 deal was with GBP only, which is suing Haymon. Spike TV's deal with TR will not have Haymon fighters because Arum doesn't work with Haymon.

Other than some Dibella clients, I do not think many non haymon fighters have fought on PBC. You blame Haymon but you forget that PBC was created as a response to the paragraph above.

It takes 2 to tango. Instead of begging those who ostracized him he created his own lane.
                Why not go after those who ostracized him rather than ask Haymon not to innovate or create a vehicle to get his clients exposure?

GRJ-Lomachenko is the only example I can think of, but that was not voluntary... it was for a vacant title and how terrible would it have been for GRJ if Haymon didn't allow him to fufill his dream and become a champion simply because the opponent was non-Haymon?

Haymon created his own thing because the others blackballed him? Lets be real bro- how often were Haymon fighters fighting non-haymon fighters BEFORE PBC? It happened the same way it does now. It was very well-known even before PBC to "sign with Haymon and get the most money for the worst opponent," Haymon wasn't exactly throwing his guys to the wolves even before PBC.

Once again, PBC/Haymon could be great for boxing IF non-Haymon fighters were allowed to fight his boxers. And I'm not even defending TR/GBP, there's other fighters out there. Hell, start small if you have to.... Bring over some Euro's/Asians, that have nothing to do with TR, to fight your guys. Unfortunately the fact that he's being sued by TR/GBP, blackballed by them too, etc.... could of very well stemmed from the original fact that he refused to let his fighters fight certain fighters wayyy before PBC even started, and now he's trying to make boxing WWE, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Or he could simply make deals with every great fighter and form a monopoly.

Now you are lying, I never use the word duck. I said Kov moved away from the fight when he pulled out of the purse bid-something that irritates you because you are a Kov fan.

Had duva/Kov gone through with the purse bid-same as Russell/lomachenko-then the fight would've happened on PBC or Showtime and the best man would win.

See King, your real problem is Kov went out like a f@g b1tch just like you said Adonis did in 2014 and you are not man enough to call him on it. Adonis took the money from SHO, Kov from HBO.

I just want to see them fight.

But that's the thing- is he really gonna make deals with EVERY great fighter? There is definitely great fighters who he most likely won't have- so it's creating a division down the middle where some of the best won't be able to fight some of the best and it's going to create (if not already worse) something way worse then the GBP/TR cold war.

I want to see them fight too. I refuse to believe Kovalev is at fault in that situation, it's some combination of Duva-Haymon-Stevenson/Michel

Comment

YES!!!
                    This is what I wanted.
                    Haters gonna hate.

Let Artur keep building himself up.

Comment

Indeed disappointing. Would have been a 'homecoming' fight for Kovalev too.

Too bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X