No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Breed99 View Post
    what in last nights fight made you see this?
    The lack of all the things I just mentioned.

What kind of stupid question is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I was thinking of when you were talking about Golovkin not throwing counter punches during this fight. Saw him land a few and he just missed on an uppercut counter that would have put Lemieux's lights out.

There's sparring video of Golovkin and Chavez Jr. where Golovkin absolutely controls him at close quarters. Maybe we don't see that during actual fights because Golovkin wants the distance for his big shots, or maybe it was just sparring. I always wonder why we don't see more of what is in that video.
      I still think his counterpunching is minimal. I don't think he's comofortable countering.

He's comfortable on the front food walking guys down and manuevering guys with his feet, his distance control is very good. And his power is just crushing, no one can take that.

Really though Golovkin hasn't left 2nd gear yet. He may have more to show if it gets brought out of him one day, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Really though Golovkin hasn't left 2nd gear yet. He may have more to show if it gets brought out of him one day, who knows.
        I think this is an interesting point about Golovkin.

I think the guy is a stud and if he ever got 'angry' or up in the 4th gear range it could be genuinely terrifying for the guy looking over his gloves at the Kazac. But, it could also be a real problem. And I say this as a sellout Golovkin fan. Finding the upper gears can get tough if you've never had to do it before.

Comment

• some people forgot that lemule lost to alcine

Comment

• The thread I was responding to disappeared so posting it here.

Originally posted by -Antonio-
            JCC JR. Would have backed GGG up and given him hell.
            A stoned out of his mind JCC Jr is reading your comment in a dimly lit roadside brothel, Cheetos dust on his fingers, burger sauce on his keyboard.

He's like

Then, wearing a cabaret bullet bra borrowed from Oscar he's like

Then he's like, 500 lbs catchweight doe

Comment

• My god Lemieux looked like he had no game plan. He sat like a sitting duck right in GGGs range and had no clue how to set up his offense.

If you have no inside game you will not stand a chance against GGG. I said he had one of the best jabs in boxing long ago and people laughed at that notion.

I'm also beginning to think Willie Monroe is better than we give him credit for. He was obviously outgunned but he actually made adjustments and had a little success.

Comment

• It's not stupid.

Originally posted by 209Man View Post
                Please stop bringing up Ward. He finally comes out of a mini retirement after 2 years and people have to bring him up. I'm not saying Ward isn't a good fighter, but to completely dis GGG and say Ward will beat him is stupid. Until they fight, we don't know for sure. GGG knows how to cut off the ring and is a superb boxer himself as last night proved it.

Just give the guy the respect he is due.

You're right. We do not know for sure BUT it's also not a stupid way of thinking. GGG is a middleweight. I don't see him moving up and being effective. Ward is too BIG for GGG. GGG has never seen skill and toughness like he'd encounter against Ward. GGG is my boy but size negates skill and he would get beat up. The fight for Ward is SK at 175lbs. GGG should continue to concentrate on unifying the titles. We need to always use common sense when analyzing these match ups. Too many on here are biased and don't use common sense.

Comment

• Anyone else is disappointed with that performance?
                  I expected more from both fighters.....honestly I was a bit bored from low paced action, I was waiting the KO but referee stopped way too early.
                  I wanted to see a WAR like hagler-hearns, to see fighters fight for winning, not fight for not losing. Of course Golovkin dominated and David was gun shy and eating jab all night but I was hoping fore more action more aggressivity, Golovkin was in control but too cautious for me, I'm not blaming him because it wasnt me in the ring in danger but him, his strategy worked out ok, but it is not the big drama and streetfight he promised.
                  Last edited by Helm; 10-18-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    The lack of all the things I just mentioned.

What kind of stupid question is this?
                    No need to be a t o t a l - d i c k. I just axed you a question dude, whats your problem? you must be a sociopath
                    So are you saying because there wasnt really inside fighting GGG has no inside game?

Comment

• I think the guy next to Lemieux will be the one MW to push Golovkin in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X