No announcement yet.

Did PBC kill Showtime Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Showtime entire budget for the year went to Mayweather vs Pacquiao plus another $30 Million they have Guaranteed for him

that fight likely saved their ass. youre crazy if you dont think they made a profit off of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Smh It's crazy to me how some boxing fans are rooting against PBC
      I don't get it either, its like these so-called boxing fans don't want to watch more boxing for free than they ever could before. They perfer to pay for mismatches on HBO and showtime then watch them for free lol

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        If you paid them what Haymon is paying them for air time, you could show your home videos for all CBS would care. They are making money in a dead timeslot instead of breaking even or taking a loss. When Haymon stops paying, there will be no more PBC on CBS.
        Can you post a link to how much haymon is paying? You talk like if your his accountant.

Comment

All I know is since PBC started Showtime boxing has pretty much been low level showbox cards. Some of those were good fights, but if Showtime doesn't have a few decent fights lined up by the time this season of Ray Donovan ends I think I am dropping it.

So PBC isn't giving me free boxing, but it is saving me 13.99 a month or whatever it is.

Comment

With the addition of TBE, everyone predicted Showtime will make HBO irrelevant. What happened?

Comment

Showtime isn't going anywhere, ShoBOX is PBC's parachute, there's a reason there still showing cards on there. If and when PBC can stand on it's own, I could see them phasing out ShoBOX.

Comment

i wish SHO could just present the fights, the PBC format is so bland and PG. ray leonard sucks.

Comment

Showtime isn't going anywhere, ShoBOX is PBC's parachute, there's a reason there still showing cards on there. If and when PBC can stand on it's own, I could see them phasing out ShoBOX.
                  I would think if PBC is a runaway success Showtime Boxing (certainly Showtime Championship Boxing) will have a much harder time staying afloat than HBO. Showtime has no other fights going on other than the fights Haymon doesn't think are good enough for PBC. They may have some great alternate plan they're working on, but we certainly haven't seen it.

If PBC flops, Showtime Boxing could become awesome because all the Haymon guys will have to come crawling back to Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich2123 View Post
                    I would think if PBC is a runaway success Showtime Boxing (certainly Showtime Championship Boxing) will have a much harder time staying afloat than HBO. Showtime has no other fights going on other than the fights Haymon doesn't think are good enough for PBC. They may have some great alternate plan they're working on, but we certainly haven't seen it.

If PBC flops, Showtime Boxing could become awesome because all the Haymon guys will have to come crawling back to Showtime.
                    Showtime by itself couldn't handle all of Haymon's fighters, this is why they're on so many channels now, it's not possible for Haymon Boxing to exist on 1 network only, this is why they have to make PBC work.

Comment

Working...
                    X