Did PBC kill Showtime Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    Showtime is fighting back now with this Floyd-Berto ppv
    I should have you charged with attempted murder. I had just taken a bite of my steak when I read your post and almost choked myself to death.

Comment

Depends on what Showtime's end game is. For now, all we can say is that they put up a large chunk of change into boxing and generated a nice return. Now the sport has moved to their parent network. If anything, PBC revived the sport on Showtime. So much so that the higher ups at CBS have bought in.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Depends on what Showtime's end game is. For now, all we can say is that they put up a large chunk of change into boxing and generated a nice return. Now the sport has moved to their parent network. If anything, PBC revived the sport on Showtime. So much so that the higher ups at CBS have bought in.
        CBS has bought in to nothing at all. PBC is paying CBS for the air time to broadcast their programs. CBS is not paying PBC. So for CBS it's a win-win situation. They get boxing to show on their network and they don't have to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          CBS has bought in to nothing at all. PBC is paying CBS for the air time to broadcast their programs. CBS is not paying PBC. So for CBS it's a win-win situation. They get boxing to show on their network and they don't have to pay for it.
          When I say buying in I'm not referring to monies paid to PBC. You said showing boxing on Showtime and CBS is a win-win for them. Why? You're proving my point.

CBS has full insider knowledge on how lucrative the sport is or isn't. That they continue to buy in via Showtime and are now airing it on their channel tells you that they've bought in alright. They don't just put anything on because it's "free."

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            When I say buying in I'm not referring to monies paid to PBC. You said showing boxing on Showtime and CBS is a win-win for them. Why? You're proving my point.

CBS has full insider knowledge on how lucrative the sport is or isn't. That they continue to buy in via Showtime and are now airing it on their channel tells you that they've bought in alright. They don't just put anything on because it's "free."
            If you paid them what Haymon is paying them for air time, you could show your home videos for all CBS would care. They are making money in a dead timeslot instead of breaking even or taking a loss. When Haymon stops paying, there will be no more PBC on CBS.

Comment

lol im kinda glad that haymon ****ed showtime and took off with his girl (the fighters) just another channel i dont have to pay for anymore

Comment

Smh It's crazy to me how some boxing fans are rooting against PBC

Comment

But this was Showtime's plan all along. Wait while PBC starts fast, and then as PBC starts losing momentum by putting on more and more mismatches in locations selected with a randomizer, strike with the equalizer that is Mayweather-Berto.

Comment

No Floyd did !

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      If you paid them what Haymon is paying them for air time, you could show your home videos for all CBS would care. They are making money in a dead timeslot instead of breaking even or taking a loss. When Haymon stops paying, there will be no more PBC on CBS.
                      Really? Well how much is Haymon paying CBS?

Comment

Working...
                      X