Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will GGG be a top 5 middleweight of all time by the end of his career ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ggg is no where near top anything all-time. His resume as of today won't even get him in the HOF. DUDE, has some serious work to.do.starting with Lemeiuex then Ward

Comment

Very hard to say. He's already one of the best of this generation. That's good enough. And he's going to be a first ballot HOFamer.

A Lemieux win will be a HUGE feather in is cap. Would be one of the best MW wins of this whole generation, since right now Lemieux is an absolute monster.

Comment

I think GGG would have to campaign @MW for his entire career, and be around long enough to defeat the next line of MWs. If Andrade can ever get his **** together, that's a match-up I would like to see. Essentially, he would have to do what Klitschko is doing now. I think he's missed too many opponents (Sturm, Abraham, Pavlik, Martinez) for him to be considered so highly.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 08-03-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

No he won't.
          He is 33 years old and his best win is Martin Murray. His best possible win in the foreseeable future would be Canelo vs Cotto winner which would be a good win for him but wouldn't make him top 5 mw ever, not eve close.

You REALLY get crazy over KO-s, aren't you?
          Last edited by HEND; 08-03-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pago007 View Post
            Ggg is no where near top anything all-time. His resume as of today won't even get him in the HOF. DUDE, has some serious work to.do.starting with Lemeiuex then Ward
            he should be fighting ward now instead of lemeiux....he doesnt want a fight with ward

Comment

He will not. You need to beat elite fighters your own size to raise to that status. Even if he beat everybody in the nexr 3 years, who is out there at middleweight worth mentioning?

Comment

No, he doesn't have the depth in the division Hagler did, he is already 33 he won't have Hopkins longevity, he doesn't have a marquee win on his resume yet. Greb and SRR have hundreds of fights on their side and marquee wins, Monzon has the longevity and some world class fighters on his resume.

If he was 25-26, I'd say he has a shot if he keeps winning. His career probably started just that bit too late. Unless MW somehow becomes stacked in the next few years he doesn't have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
                  Very hard to say. He's already one of the best of this generation. That's good enough. And he's going to be a first ballot HOFamer.

A Lemieux win will be a HUGE feather in is cap. Would be one of the best MW wins of this whole generation, since right now Lemieux is an absolute monster.
                  I love GGG, but until he gets some better win under his belt he isn't close to the best of this generation.

Lemieux is a step in the right direction but he is still a low end B level fighter. I'm hoping Andrade, Canelo, Cotto (properly), Lara, Trout move up and GGG gets to fight Quillin, Jacobs, Lee-Saunders winner etc. I don't even consider Lemieux a top 5 MW, if he is he is number 5 at most.

Comment

Originally posted by La Mera Verdad View Post
                    imo YES

1.)Marvin Hagler
                    2.)Sugar Ray Robinson
                    3.)Carlos Monzon
                    4.)GGG
                    5.)Jake Lamotta or B-Hop
                    No.

Bumlovekin is going on 34 y/o and has not beaten a single middleweight of note. Plus, there are no really good 160'lbers whom he could beat that would get him consideration for ATG status at middleweight. There are still LOTS of guys ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by heavyfist View Post
                      very hard to say. He's already one of the best of this generation. That's good enough. And he's going to be a first ballot hofamer.

A lemieux win will be a huge feather in is cap. Would be one of the best mw wins of this whole generation, since right now lemieux is an absolute monster.
                      loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

Working...
                      X