No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Would Have Loved To Face Mike Tyson, Louis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
    You must be kidding! Joe Louis was one of the best ever. He would easily overcome the size disadvantage.
    Based on what? Louis got punched out of the ring by Baer ,floored by a 5'9 fat drunk and sqeeked by a former 135 punder ,Billy Conn......Wilder would k.o Louis within 3 rnds .

Comment

Louis and Tyson would have blown out this glass jawed joke inside of 1 rnd. Povetkin will put this chump's nose through his brain.

Comment

Lol! Wilder, has the iq of a mentally challenged parrot.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          May wanna go back and watch some film of a prime Joe Louis. May be surprised. A way-small HW by today's standards... but even so, slick and easily as fast as any HW today.
          Believe me I have seen enough of Joe Louis.

Pathetic!

If Louis is faster than a today HW that's because he wasn't a HW. He was a LHW/Cruiser by todays standards.

More the point, Wilder at 6'7" and 225lbs is FASTER than Louis by far!

His head and feet were set in concrete.

His tactics were very rudimentary.

He has no power or strength relevant to today.

He never once fought or beat a decent opponent relevant to today.

And he had grave difficulties against LHW bums and circus freak plodders.

And he couldn't take a THEN hard punch let alone a NOW one.

Joe Louis would never compete as a boxer at all today and certainly not at HW.

It's sickening that guys really think that this worm...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...81-granger.jpg

Could really beat something like this...

http://cdn2-www.******.craveonline.c...omhogan630.jpg

Take Joe Louis, paint him white, you have Charlie Zellenof!

Comment

Elroy1 doesn't know **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Elroy1 doesn't know **** about boxing.
              Oh really, that's what you have is it.. "YDKSAB?"

You don't know **** about ****ing life if you think Louis has any chance against bum squad!

Wilder has the worst resume of any top ranked HW today and for quite some time.

It's true!

But that resume is effectively 200x better than that of Joe Louis.

And there is no possible method, even in theory that Louis could ever survive an encounter with Wilder.

I mean think about it, Louis was a right hand magnet. And he never seen a right hand as fast, or as long or as hard as Wilders!

This Louis.. Who was ALREADY knocked out of the ring by weak, slow shorter and less skilled than Wilder Baer in round 1.. Who was almost knocked out by an emperor penguin in Galento...

It is unimaginable what Wilder would do to him and everybody knows it!!

If I don't know **** then it should be really easy for you to slam me where I went wrong right? Yet you can offer nothing!!!

If you wanna say Mike Tyson chops down Wilder, THAT'S credible!

Mike had difficulties against taller+decent opponents so a case can be made here for Wilder too, but just stylistically and physically I think that the surest bet is that Tyson would level bum squad early and brutally.

But don't use a modern equipped great boxer in Tyson to try and piggy back an ancient bum-buster like Louis into the picture as well!

It's insulting to Wilder, and it's insulting to Tyson!

Comment

Just another member if the bum of the month club

I see what hes trying to do. Putting his name with the heavyweight champions of the past. Wilder isnt the heavyweight champion, its a rather drsperate attempt

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Wilder doesn't have many fans here does he...
                  He actually does but they're ducking a thread like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                    hahahahaha Tyson would kill him. Louis is a different story, but I'd lean toward Louis on that one.

Different story in what sense? Louis would ****ing wreck him. Wilder is worse than Carnera & Baer, and Louis violated big goofs in the worst possible way.

Comment

Louis might have been a competitive fight for 5 or 6 rounds because of Wilder's size advantage, but Wilder would fold soon enough. Lennox Lewis would destroy Wilder in 3 rounds max though.

Comment

Working...
                      X