No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Plays Down Talk of Tupou Taking a Dive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
    I just watched on youtube... It only showed it from 2 angles but from those angles it didn't even look like the punch really landed
    It shows it landed in the last replay

Maybe it connected and Tupou still took a dive as well. Why would they fix a fight vs Tupou though?

Comment

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
      It shows it landed in the last replay

Maybe it connected and Tupou still took a dive as well. Why would they fix a fight vs Tupou though?
      Why would they fix any fight with an unbeaten prospect who they sell on PAY PER VIEW vs a guy who could land a lucky punch?

Toupo hits hard with his overhand right, parker is susceptable to overhand rights it's not rocket science

Boxing down under is known for its shadyness, remember Green vs Briggs? that was a paid dive, what about sonny bill williams v botha being changed from a 12 rounder to a 10 rounder when williams gassed in the 10th?

we don't know for sure but it's highly likely, kevin barry is a crook and duco events are criminals, parker himself is funded by biker gangs, all parties involved make very good money off parker, but that will end if he gets beat or looks bad because people won't shell out the $49.99 NZD to watch the farce go on

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        Watching it live and seeing several replays, yes it was difficult to see but it looked like a punch at or near the top of the head and maybe somewhat to the upper temple area. But, hey, it could have been a dive. I guess they'd have to put Tupou on a lie detector and maybe even then not know definitely. Just seems kind of odd to me to have an opponent take a dive vs a fighter who will soon be going against the serious competition. Doesn't make sense.

The DEFINITIVE PROOF will be his next fights as he moves up the ladder. How's he do vs Chisora, Thompson, Stiverne, Charr, Chambers? Will be interesting to find out.
        Your actually making the case FOR the fix. You say it doesn't make sense for a veteran to take a dive vs a young stud who plenty of people have invested in as the next big thing but that's the exact scenario for a guy to take a dive.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Judging from the replays of the "knockout" blow I can only conclude that the fix was in.

The crowd seemed to think so as well.
          Watch the video posted on the first page, the last angle clearly shows the punch landed. Parker turned his whole 236lb frame into the shot and Tupou had just started moving his head into the power. Plus Tupou has a crap chin.

I question how much boxing you guys watch if you think that was a dive. The guy was sparked out.

Comment

More than enough to KO a guy who has a crap chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              Even the HILARIOUSLY biased NZ sports media mentioned williams rocking parker in several of their post fight write ups, i love to read them as they always give me a good chuckle when they talk about Parker and his "road to the title"

"road to beating up a load of diving bums" is more like it!
              The commentary was ridiculous, and it was the same with Tua/Cameron.

Its the same with Sonny Bill Williams.

Dont ever pay too much attention to commentators, even with HBO/Shotime.

Comment

Why would they fix any fight with an unbeaten prospect who they sell on PAY PER VIEW vs a guy who could land a lucky punch?

Toupo hits hard with his overhand right, parker is susceptable to overhand rights it's not rocket science

Boxing down under is known for its shadyness, remember Green vs Briggs? that was a paid dive, what about sonny bill williams v botha being changed from a 12 rounder to a 10 rounder when williams gassed in the 10th?

we don't know for sure but it's highly likely, kevin barry is a crook and duco events are criminals, parker himself is funded by biker gangs, all parties involved make very good money off parker, but that will end if he gets beat or looks bad because people won't shell out the $49.99 NZD to watch the farce go on
                I know for a fact that two of those three statements are not true.

Based on that, I would also have to wonder if the third was true ?

Where do you get your information ?

Comment

Even the HILARIOUSLY biased NZ sports media mentioned williams rocking parker in several of their post fight write ups, i love to read them as they always give me a good chuckle when they talk about Parker and his "road to the title"

"road to beating up a load of diving bums" is more like it!
                  No they didn't. They said Williams caught him a few times with the right hand, which he did, but he was never rocked and it was never reported as such.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    I know for a fact that two of those three statements are not true.

Based on that, I would also have to wonder if the third was true ?

Where do you get your information ?
                    Who knows where he does but is aint true, unless Burger King are now run by biker gangs, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

More than enough to KO a guy who has a crap chin.
                      That's the best angle I've seen yet. It shows that Parker actually made contact.

I'm still not 100% convinced that the blow was enough to make Tupou react as if he had been shot, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X