Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook Chavez October 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaves was the luckiest man on the planet to get a draw against Bradley, I hope Brook ends him. I expect a very one sided performance.

Comment

It's a decent-ish fight considering Brook's recent opposition but not the 'big name' that was promised. Chaves can be awkward and dirty but doesn't seem to have the right mentality for the big fights, he even fouled out against Rios when he was ahead. A bit of a Golota mentally.

Also, Chaves is the perfect opponent for Khan to use as an excuse for not fighting Brook. While I think Khan making demands like Mayweather is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen recently, I doubt he considers Chaves as a big name. After this fight, Khan will maintain that Kell still needs to fight and beat two well known opponents before he's willing to fight him. This fight does nothing to bring the Khan - Brook fight closer and it certainly won't put any more pressure on Khan taking the fight.

It's a shame that Brook has one 'name' on his record in a fight that could've gone either way and was most likely a draw. While he's proven to be a world class fighter, we still don't really know how good he is at that level.

Comment

Meh............................

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
          It's a decent-ish fight considering Brook's recent opposition but not the 'big name' that was promised. Chaves can be awkward and dirty but doesn't seem to have the right mentality for the big fights, he even fouled out against Rios when he was ahead. A bit of a Golota mentally.

Also, Chaves is the perfect opponent for Khan to use as an excuse for not fighting Brook. While I think Khan making demands like Mayweather is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen recently, I doubt he considers Chaves as a big name. After this fight, Khan will maintain that Kell still needs to fight and beat two well known opponents before he's willing to fight him. This fight does nothing to bring the Khan - Brook fight closer and it certainly won't put any more pressure on Khan taking the fight.

It's a shame that Brook has one 'name' on his record in a fight that could've gone either way and was most likely a draw. While he's proven to be a world class fighter, we still don't really know how good he is at that level.
          Khan won't be stepping into the ring with Brook until next June at the earliest....if that.

Brook just has to focus on his own career until then

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
            why wont this **** ass uk bum fight brandon rios?smh
            Because Rios rejected the fight?

Not to mention Chavez beat the crap out of Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              When the Rios negotiations fell through:

How were you scoring Rios-Chaves?

Comment

No idea why people would rather see a Rios fight. Chaves schooled Rios, even with the ****** point deductions and Rios being the 'star' name, Chaves was up on the judges' cards, that's how clearly he was winning.

People who think Rios would've taken advantage of Kell's lack of inside game, think again. Brook would just clinch Rios every time he closed the distance, like Chaves did, and he wouldn't have points deducted for it either. It would be a brutal one sided beat down. Chaves has got good skill and can mix it up, he'll give Kell a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Khan won't be stepping into the ring with Brook until next June at the earliest....if that.

Brook just has to focus on his own career until then
                  I agree that Brook shouldn't cater to Khan's demands and should just get on with his own career, he still needs to up the level of competition he's been facing. Chaves is a decent start to that and will be more competitive than a Rios fight but he's not the 'win' Kell needs to pressure people like Khan to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
                    I agree that Brook shouldn't cater to Khan's demands and should just get on with his own career, he still needs to up the level of competition he's been facing. Chaves is a decent start to that and will be more competitive than a Rios fight but he's not the 'win' Kell needs to pressure people like Khan to fight him.
                    He'd most likely have to face Chaves as an IBF mandatory anyway. So the fight was always going to have to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      He'd most likely have to face Chaves as an IBF mandatory anyway. So the fight was always going to have to happen.
                      Fair enough, he's a decent opponent, just not a "name". Although the way Brook beats him will be important, people will compare his performance with Thurman and Bradley, if Kell manages to look better than those two against Chaves then it can work in his favour.

Comment

Working...
                      X