Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some keep insisting that GGG go up and fight Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some keep insisting that GGG go up and fight Ward?

GGG has unfinished business at 160. The only one that has no business to handle is Andre Ward. Cotto's fighting Canelo for big money on ppv. GGG's waiting for the winner. Why move up in weight to fight an extremely high risk low reward fighter in Ward. Then have to possibly come back down for the Cotto/Canelo winner. It doesn't make sense. Ward has nothing and is trying to bait GGG into making that stupid decision of going up and fighting him for peanuts, take a huge chance of losing to him, which would give the Cotto/Canelo winner an excuse to avoid him. Ward has nothing at all, has done nothing for years. He should be bending over backwards to fight GGG or Kovalev. Why doesn't he show any interest in Kovalev? Instead he wants to play A side. GGG never said he would be willing to fight Ward at 168 and obviously Froch and Chavez are not on Wards level. GGG probably feels like he can beat Froch and Chavez without having to make the full 168 limit. I think he beats them coming in at 162. These guys don't have Wards defensive skill and bring way more money and viewers to the table.
    Is Ward scared of the Krusher?...
    Ward is scared of the Krusher
    46.67%
    Ward is not scared of the Krusher. He wants GGG first.
    53.33%

His team need to change their tag line to "We're only interested in fighting middleweights". People will stop "insisting" if they do.

Comment

Insist? Because it's one of the best fights that can be made in boxing . 2 p4p guys a division away? Why shouldn't they fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        Insist? Because it's one of the best fights that can be made in boxing . 2 p4p guys a division away? Why shouldn't they fight?
        And GGG has already made a concession to meet Ward half way.

As stated in a thread yesterday, I truly believe that if Ward was a high profile big money fight for GGG, he would have taken the fight at 168. He was willing to do so for both Chavez Jr and Froch because both fighters have a big following along with name recognition. Ward on the other hand just came back from a 2yr layoff and fought on BET with dismal ratings.

At the end of the day, Ward needs GGG more than GGG needs him. He's lined up to face lemeuix in what's going to be a hell of a fight and also has the winner of Cotto/Canelo dangling in front of him. Who does Ward have? If Ward wanted him that bad he should have called his bluff and agreed to meet him half way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post

Because it would be a stupid move on GGG to move up and fight one of the best in the world, probably lose and miss out on a big payday with the winner of Cotto/Canelo. GGG hasn't fought anybody of note to be considered p4p.

Comment

I'm satisfied with Lemieux and Cotto/Canelo, but I'm hoping they can find a good time for GGG/Ward. And at 168.

I don't think Ward is afraid of Kovalev. But maybe he should be, dude is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
              GGG has unfinished business at 160. The only one that has no business to handle is Andre Ward. Cotto's fighting Canelo for big money on ppv. GGG's waiting for the winner. Why move up in weight to fight an extremely high risk low reward fighter in Ward. Then have to possibly come back down for the Cotto/Canelo winner. It doesn't make sense. Ward has nothing and is trying to bait GGG into making that stupid decision of going up and fighting him for peanuts, take a huge chance of losing to him, which would give the Cotto/Canelo winner an excuse to avoid him. Ward has nothing at all, has done nothing for years. He should be bending over backwards to fight GGG or Kovalev. Why doesn't he show any interest in Kovalev? Instead he wants to play A side. GGG never said he would be willing to fight Ward at 168 and obviously Froch and Chavez are not on Wards level. GGG probably feels like he can beat Froch and Chavez without having to make the full 168 limit. I think he beats them coming in at 162. These guys don't have Wards defensive skill and bring way more money and viewers to the table.
              Is Ward scared of the Krusher?...
              u Mexican .... u scared ur baby golovkin is going to get beat by ward .....**** the krusher he got beterbieuv problems

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                I'm satisfied with Lemieux and Cotto/Canelo, but I'm hoping they can find a good time for GGG/Ward. And at 168.

I don't think Ward is afraid of Kovalev. But maybe he should be, dude is a beast.
                I would also love to see GGG mix it up with Ward but first things first. I am starting to believe Ward is scared of Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Bori Bori View Post
                  u Mexican .... u scared ur baby golovkin is going to get beat by ward .....**** the krusher he got beterbieuv problems
                  Congrats! First childish post of the thread.

Comment

Absolute waste of time and money for team GGG considering Ward's abysmal drawing power. Only 12 fans want this.

Kovalev vs Ward is the more competitive 50/50 fight, imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X