Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rate more? Golovkin or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killa Kov all day

Comment

Kovalev has a better resume atm, but Golovkin is a better fighter. He's just got more of an invincibility aura about him, whereas Kovalev I feel is more vulnerable. I don't know why people think Kova has better skills, cos he's a bit more fleet-footed? Golovkin's jab, offensive footwork (cutting the ring off), chin etc are vastly superior to Kova's.

Kova is world class as well though, don't get me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
        Kovalev\s win over Hopkins is the reason he's higher, though GGG beats Hopkins pretty easily if they had fought.
        Exactly this. And also because generally ppl think Golovkin gets beaten by Ward but for Kova they are not sure about. That's a weight issue which should not be considered in a poll "who do you rate higher".
        I think the same way about Ward vs GGG/Kova as these people think, but it doesn't make me rate Kovalev higher.
        They are both huge.
        Last edited by hieY182; 07-30-2015, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Comment

I like GGGbetter, but I rate Kovalev higher as he did more.

Comment

Kovalev is the better boxer. Some say GGG is better technically but I disagree. GGG has great balance and distribution of power.He cuts the ring off well. But as others mention Kov gets sloppy so goes ggg. He takes a lot of punches while hes stalking. Kov can fight off the back foot while maintaining power, and is better at making adjustments.

Comment

Kovalev seems to be the more rounded fighter, whereas the one thing Golovkin does, he seems to do it better than anything Kovalev can do.

Problem is GGG hasn't faced anyone who the fans really respected. Not entirely his fault, but you have to see if him cut the ring off and demolish a top tier world class fighter before you can rank him above Kovalev.

Comment

As of today, Kovalev.

When all is said and done though, I'm 50/50 split. Golovkin may have more talent, but you gotta walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    Kovalev has a better resume atm, but Golovkin is a better fighter. He's just got more of an invincibility aura about him, whereas Kovalev I feel is more vulnerable. I don't know why people think Kova has better skills, cos he's a bit more fleet-footed? Golovkin's jab, offensive footwork (cutting the ring off), chin etc are vastly superior to Kova's.

Kova is world class as well though, don't get me wrong.
                    I am a fan of both, but am also objective. Golovkin's jab is not vastly better, Gennady cant jab to the body like Sergey, and Kovalev uses his jab more often. Kovalev got faster feet, much better at fainting, his straight punches are might be the best in boxing today and he is much better at breaking up clinches.

Golovkin got better chin, much better balance (probably because he has simply different style foot work) and stamina.

Comment

Kovalev has the better resume so far because, apart from Superduck, he has not been avoided the way GGG has.

The next 12/18 months could change that though.

I believe GGG has a better chance of beating Ward than Kovalev has, because I don't believe Ward will ever fight Krusher.

Comment

Working...
                      X