Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you rate more? Golovkin or Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think GGG is the better fighter but Kovalev has the resume and is a very good fighter as well so he's rated higher than GGG.

Comment

Golovkin is slightly better.

Comment

There's gotta be at least two threads like this. The poll and op felt eerily familiar. Too lazy to check myself tho

Comment

Basing on the quality of opposition - Kova in a landslide. But basing on the eyetest and gauging potential upside - GGG. Kova demonstrated some sloppiness even in his last fight with Mohammedi.

Comment

It's Kovalev and it's not even close, he's faced much better opposition and shown a lot of versatility in the ring, even though he's a bigger guy he's more flexible and he can throw pumches from different angles and punch on the move with power, plus he can place both head and body shots very well from a distance, he has the ability to pot shot and that's a great weapon, mever saw GGG do anything different from what he always does which is to move forward with the high gaurd and cut his opponent off, then once he corners u and u try to fight him off and leave urself exposed he gets his **** off while u least expect it, never saw him punch from a distance, never saw him fight well on the inside, he needs his optimum distance and optimum opponent to look good.

Kovalev accomploshed more in 5 years than GGG did in 9 years, and he didn't have the hype that GGG had, he earned his stripes and I definitely have him on my P4P list, if he beats Stevensons and Ward I'll have him top 2-3 P4P and top 5 all time LHW, the guy is extremely good.

Comment

Why is this even a question?

Kovalev, its not arguable at all.

Comment

Kova has the slightly better resume but GGG is obviously the better boxer.

Comment

Kovolev,, by far..

Has two huge dominant wins over hopkins and pascal... Blows away anything ggg has done

Comment

kov

it's hard to picture kovalev losing against anyone.. he's just a freak born to punch people

golovkin is fun but has flaws, isn't as proven

lemieux will show us what GGG is made of, im not pretending he's "some random bum" like the extreme anti-GGG posters are

Comment

Where is the option 'I rate them equally'.

Comment

Working...
                      X