No announcement yet.

Ward begging for GGG fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    why would he settle for just one of those fights when he could have both?
    Ward could quite easily take the more lucrative fight (Kovalev) first, seeing as how he's shown an unwillingness to even meet GGG halfway.

GGG is going for the lottery fight at 154 first, taking a unification fight in the meantime while he waits on the linear MW belt. All the while offering to meet Ward at 164. He obviously can't go to 168 and then down to 154.

Completely different situations.

Comment

High risk, extremely low reward for GGG considering Ward can't even draw flies. It's almost useless and waste of time for GGG team.

Kovalev vs Ward is the more competitive fight and would likely to draw more. Ball is in Ward's court, assuming there are no major issues in both camps (Kov/GG).

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        There is not one thing in writing saying GGG gets a title shot... so how is he booked? Cotto wins, he's facing Floyd it's a simple as that. It might even be the same thing if Canelo wins... what if Cotto/Canelo rematch? GGG has nothing booked, he should take Ward on. It would earn him legitimacy in hardcore fans eyes and not just a big guy inside a weak division.

That would enhance his legacy more than beating Lemieux and Andy Lee... He'd also earn probably as much money facing Ward as he would facing those two guys. He doesn't want it, it's that simple.
        No the Cotto/Canelo fight is'nt set in stone, but things are certainly looking like it will happen. And just no on so many levels to Ward is more important than unifying. Becoming undisputed champion ****s all over one fight, I don't care who it is. Also Lemieux on PPV in MSG and Andy Lee in Ireland is at least on par to anything Ward could bring money wise, and they are unification bouts and exciting fights. I would like to see the Ward vs GGG fight, but at this point it is more than likely going to be late next year after GGG unifies the division, assuming he wins of course. Which actually looks like a real possibility at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          Lol. Like I said, he needs Golovkin.

Obviously pay-per-view is the next step and that***8217;s what we***8217;re shooting for. We are targeting Gennady Golovkin right now, whether that***8217;s next or the one after, there***8217;s a lot to be done to make that fight happen. He keeps saying he wants to fight me and it***8217;s a match-up the fans want to see. A year or two ago it was not the right time, but I think now is. I***8217;m not chasing him but everybody is saying they want to give fans what they want to see. I***8217;m in the category of guys like Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins ***8211; I***8217;m not comparing myself to them in every aspect ***8211; but when you win a lot and it looks easy, sometimes the media have a standard set for you and they take away from your performance, saying the guy was too small, but if Golovkin beats me he***8217;s the greatest fighter in the world; that***8217;s just the way it is.

And you really don't like the idea, this is why you try to clown their interest in a Golovkin fight, which is btw absolute logical to Ward at this stage of his career. Kovalev will fight in November in Moscow and anyway it's more logical to Ward to fight GG first and then Kovlev, because the weights. And after this you will throw the first stone at Ward because he fights a B level fighter.
          Always amusing when Golovkin stans burn themselves in their own threads. But just enjoy if you want that you favourite fights the likes of Lemieux, Geale and etc... without proving himself while you and your mates keep yelling that he will be a HOF member and he would even beat Hagler and every other mw greats.
          But I don't even know why I argue with a user who is so delusional that picked Golovkin to beat Hagle based on wins over the likes of Geale or Murray.
          Last edited by HEND; 07-29-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

funny how Ward is quiet as a church mouse until GGG signs another fight. No reply or counter offer to the 164 offer, but now that GGG went another direction right on cue here is Ward rattling a tin cup begging for the fight.

Ward shouldnt worry though, his promoter has enough money to pay BET to show him fighting another slob.......

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              There is not one thing in writing saying GGG gets a title shot... so how is he booked? Cotto wins, he's facing Floyd it's a simple as that. It might even be the same thing if Canelo wins... what if Cotto/Canelo rematch? GGG has nothing booked, he should take Ward on. It would earn him legitimacy in hardcore fans eyes and not just a big guy inside a weak division.

That would enhance his legacy more than beating Lemieux and Andy Lee... He'd also earn probably as much money facing Ward as he would facing those two guys. He doesn't want it, it's that simple.
              what do you mean there's nothing in writing? wbc mandated that he gets a shot. golovkin can take the wbc to court and destroy them just like roccgiani did because they didn't follow their own rules. believe me their rules are written down somewhere, just because you personally haven't seen them does't mean they don't exist.
              Last edited by daggum; 07-29-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

This is business... nobody is 'ducking'. Golovkin is the A side now.

Comment

I think the problem GGG is having is the fact that Ward isnt a big enough name or money fight for him to have to sacrifice moving up in weight for. He was willing to do it for Chavez Jr and Froch because both were big box office draws with big name recognition. Ward on the other hand cant sell outside of Oakland.

In my opinion, its not about GGG afraid to move up to face Ward as much as it is Ward dictating terms to someone who's hot and with tons of momentum at the moment, meanwhile Ward has been sidelined for 2yrs and just came back on to the scene and who's last fight was on BET that flopped ratings wise.
                  Last edited by Deevel916; 07-29-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    funny how Ward is quiet as a church mouse until GGG signs another fight. No reply or counter offer to the 164 offer, but now that GGG went another direction right on cue here is Ward rattling a tin cup begging for the fight.

Ward shouldnt worry though, his promoter has enough money to pay BET to show him fighting another slob.......
                    ward is just using ggg's name to boost his own popularity. it's called publicity. there's nothing wrong with this but the thing is he's not fighting anyone. he's just using ggg's name and then fighting bums and all his fans ignore this fact. ggg's actively trying to fight everyone in his division but he's the ducker?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      ward is just using ggg's name to boost his own popularity. it's called publicity. there's nothing wrong with this but the thing is he's not fighting anyone. he's just using ggg's name and then fighting bums and all his fans ignore this fact. ggg's actively trying to fight everyone in his division but he's the ducker?
                      Relative to Ward and Lara-looks that way. Relative to everyone else at 168, 160 and floyd-no. Why is that so hard to understand?

Comment

Working...
                      X