No announcement yet.

Ward begging for GGG fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    funny how Ward is quiet as a church mouse until GGG signs another fight. No reply or counter offer to the 164 offer, but now that GGG went another direction right on cue here is Ward rattling a tin cup begging for the fight.

Ward shouldnt worry though, his promoter has enough money to pay BET to show him fighting another slob.......
    church mouse? foh...
    Ward was the only one in the recent months who said he wants the fight, GGG just came with his bs catchweights. He could say let it be at 168 but with rehydration clause what Rigo said to Loma, that would be okay, but GGG hasn't got the balls Rigo has so he just said "164" and he probably knew damn well that Ward can't make that weight and won't agree on it. C'mon, Ward just fought at 172 after a long layoff and it was 10 years ago or so when he last made 164. You can't believe that Golovkin thought for a minute that this 164 BS will be okay for Ward. Can you?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      ggg signs to fight someone else then 2 days later ward comes out saying he wants the fight. he's a clown. ggg has 2 ppv fights lined up, ward has zero fights lined up even on BET. hbo doesn't want anything to do with him unless he raises his level of opposition which he has refused. he has also refused to go up to 175 even though he wants ggg to come up to 168. the difference is ggg has options at 160 and ward doesn't or at least he's not willing to fight anyone good judging by who he has tried to fight the last 4 years. even if you think ggg is ducking a guy not even in his division, you can't possibly defend ward a guy who is ducking everyone in his own division.
      Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      funny how Ward is quiet as a church mouse until GGG signs another fight. No reply or counter offer to the 164 offer, but now that GGG went another direction right on cue here is Ward rattling a tin cup begging for the fight.

Ward shouldnt worry though, his promoter has enough money to pay BET to show him fighting another slob.......
      The Groupies like to make stuff up, don't they?

Ward was on American television saying "lets negotiate the Golovkin fight now" well before Golovkin signed to fight Lemiuex.

It says something about these people that they have to tell half-truths or blatantly lie to defend their man crush.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        I think the problem GGG is having is the fact that Ward isnt a big enough name or money fight for him to have to sacrifice moving up in weight for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          The Groupies like to make stuff up, don't they?

Ward was on American television saying "lets negotiate the Golovkin fight now" well before Golovkin signed to fight Lemiuex.

It says something about these people that they have to tell half-truths or blatantly lie to defend their man crush.
          Did Ward's team counter offer the 164?
          I didn't hear them say anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
            Did Ward's team counter offer the 164?
            I didn't hear them say anything about it.
            He offered to discuss the fight with GGG's team and HBO.

Team GGG quickly rushed into negotiations with Lemiuex.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
              church mouse? foh...
              Ward was the only one in the recent months who said he wants the fight, GGG just came with his bs catchweights. He could say let it be at 168 but with rehydration clause what Rigo said to Loma, that would be okay, but GGG hasn't got the balls Rigo has so he just said "164" and he probably knew damn well that Ward can't make that weight and won't agree on it. C'mon, Ward just fought at 172 after a long layoff and it was 10 years ago or so when he last made 164. You can't believe that Golovkin thought for a minute that this 164 BS will be okay for Ward. Can you?
              no, I dont. And frankly I would be disappointed if the fight happened at 164, or even 166, because all that does it gives Ward an excuse after GGG puts him on the floor. The fight should be at 168 period.

That being said, I have no problem with K2/GGG using a 164 weight offer as a starting point in negotiations to get themselves a better money split, different venue, top billing, etc etc. Obviously whoever makes the first offer has to give up something, so they would have been foolish to say "168 and 50-50 on money"......

Comment

This is not Begging because once again Ward did not start this entire Ward vs GGG stuff, GGG fans and Abel Sanchez did. People was real bold when Ward was away with his Promotion issues, now that he is back all I'm seeing is fans trying to get Ward off of GGG Back

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  what do you mean there's nothing in writing? wbc mandated that he gets a shot. golovkin can take the wbc to court and destroy them just like roccgiani did because they didn't follow their own rules. believe me their rules are written down somewhere, just because you personally haven't seen them does't mean they don't exist.
                  Mandates? They can mandate I take a **** right now, it means nothing if it's not in writing. GGG was just the mandatory for Cotto, but Canelo is the one who is fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    He offered to discuss the fight with GGG's team and HBO.

Team GGG quickly rushed into negotiations with Lemiuex.
                    So he didn't counter, thanks.

It'll happen in the future, so Ward will just have to wait for it probably by the end of 2016. I'm cool with Gennady taking out Lemieux then Canelo/Cotto winner. That's going to be 2 PPVs to 0. We'll see how strong Ward's negotiating is then.

Comment

The whole argument is just silly. Obviously the scenario that makes the most sense is for Ward to fight Kovalev first, and then see whats what, because here's the current landscape:

GGG, has unification signed with Lemieux, has the Cotto-Canelo winner (or at least the WBC belt if the winner refuses to fight him), and potentially the Lee-Saunders winner for another unification.

Ward has uhmmmmm, nothing lined up.

But Ward stans think that instead of Ward moving up THREE pounds, fighting Kov, and then dropping back down 7 pounds, what really should happen is that GGG should forget about his pending fights, move up 8 pounds, fight Ward, then drop ELEVEN pounds back down to a likely 157 for the Cotto-Canelo winner??

And this makes perfect sense to Ward stans. That tells you all you need to know......

Comment

Working...
                      X