Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people think marquesz beats broner,brook or porter???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
    The thing is Marquez does good against aggressive offensive fighters, not aggressive defensive fighters. Its well known Marquez sucks coming forward. His style is firmly adjusted to fighting Pacquiao that it rarely works on anyone else. That's why Marquez is very careful about who he fights(cherrypicking). The only reason he fought Bradley was because he thought he was better than Pacq overall(arrogant). When in fact he didn't realize what he was getting himself into and got embarrassed because of it.
    Like I always say: if you want to see a dumb opinion go read an anti Marquez thread.

In the past years we've read that Marquez would be knocked out and out boxed in manny/jmm 3. He was supposed to be killed Manny in the 4th fight. Some of you brainiacs were picking Alvarado. Bradley was a close fight. Besides May--he's been competitive in every single fight he's been in.

Broner gets knocked out, I think Porter is young, big, and strong but could be timed. And Brook is big and riding his wave. But, I do think he's overrated.

Comment

Why is Broner listed?

Comment

Bradley did make him look bad. Didn't look like he belonged in the ring with him. Broner would be a fun fight to watch only because Marquez is on the decline. Prime Marquez beats Broner easy. This version of Marquez might still Ko Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Why is Broner listed?
          Et tu, Larry?

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
            Like I always say: if you want to see a dumb opinion go read an anti Marquez thread.

In the past years we've read that Marquez would be knocked out and out boxed in manny/jmm 3. He was supposed to be killed Manny in the 4th fight. Some of you brainiacs were picking Alvarado. Bradley was a close fight. Besides May--he's been competitive in every single fight he's been in.

Broner gets knocked out, I think Porter is young, big, and strong but could be timed. And Brook is big and riding his wave. But, I do think he's overrated.
            No one here is denying that JMM is a great fighter. It's just that he's well out of prime and fighting well above his best weight class. These are facts and make a deserved underdog against the fighter mentioned, bar Broner.

Comment

Marquez is past his prime and hasn't fought in a year. I wonder if he could even beat Guerrero now.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post

I put Alvarado in the same category as Juan Diaz except Diaz was actually tagging JMM before he got ktfo. I mean lets be realistic, Alvarado is the same guy that had a tough fight with relatively unknown Prescott, got outclassed by Rios, and mauled by the one hit wonder Provodnikov. Floyd didn't even break a sweat fighting JMM.
                Marquez lacks the speed & aggressiveness to trouble Broner with little physical strength to bully him. Broner takes a decision. A Porter fight would be more close in terms of styles. Porter tends to make mistakes Juan can use to his advantage. Brook is like 5'8 or 5'9, with his reach, he'd just make JMM eat jabs most of the night until Marquez opens up. Unless he breaks out of that counterpunching shell and shows us how dynamic of a fighter he is.(sarcasm)

Comment

I think he might beat Broner because Broner is not hard to figure out and Marquez is very smart. He is capable of throwing fast accurate powerful punches if he is given a split second opening. Broner would give him these openings. Porter might beat Marquez. Marquez is old but still very good. I am sure Brook would beat him today. Brook is the best of the three.

Comment

I've not seen many say he beats Brook or Porter but he definitely smashes Broner. AB's defence is lacking and his flat footedness and low output does him no favours. Porter's success will rely on him smothering Marquez and not giving him space or time to counter (easier said that done) and Brook is a massive guy and a very good boxer with great timing. Marquez is a legend but Mayweather's size was too much for him and Brook is even bigger and a solid boxer.
                    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 07-29-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Marquez would be Brook's hardest fight of his career. Much harder than Porter since Marquez is a master boxer and power puncher while Porter isn't much better than a one-dimensional brawler. Porter does have power and pressure but once you nullify that he's lost.

The thing is though, Brook does have a very significant size advantage over Marquez which might sway the fight in his favor as a 60-40.

Comment

Working...
                      X