No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Will Take 50-50 on Kovalev, Networks To Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    50/50 don't mean ****. They can 50/50 on Showtime or CBS for more money.
    They cant, there's that pesky exclusive contract. So financially the best viable option for both is to fight each other on HBO

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Sometimes the bigger loyalty is being loyal to yourself &/or your family. And Kathy isn't family. She's a person with $ signs in her eyes just like every other power broker in the sport. And he didn't need to leave her. He just needed to say what he wanted to make happen. The window was there. HBO gonna be HBO, but they could've made the fight happen to, but Kov has no control over their decisionmaking.

I thought I was very clear that both guys have had their careers &/or bank accounts damaged over this fight not happening. If you wanna be blind to the Kov side of my answer & only see the Stevenson side of my answer fair enough leave your blinders on.
      His family is much better off than when he was fighting for 20k. You gotta remember, he doesn't have any built in fan base, unlike Stevenson.

Again, only one of the two is tied to a network by means of an exclusive contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        So what you're saying is Stevenson would rather take less money for less risk. Gotcha, agreed.
        And yet Golovkin refused Lara, fought Monroe, and you didnt notice.

Gotcha !

Comment

They cant, there's that pesky exclusive contract. So financially the best viable option for both is to fight each other on HBO
          Why did Duva sign Kovalev to an HBO contract instead of going through with the WBC purse bid she petitioned the WBC for?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            And yet Golovkin refused Lara, fought Monroe, and you didnt notice.

Gotcha !
            I know you're an idiot, but Monroe was GGG's best payday, cause he was happy to take peanuts. Lara OTOH just got paid 1m for a tuneup with terrible ratings and attendance. Can you work this out, moron?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Why did Duva sign Kovalev to an HBO contract instead of going through with the WBC purse bid she petitioned the WBC for?
              Cause the likes of Duva and Kovalev don't say no to a multifight exclusive contract on HBO. Hardly anyone does, dumb fcuk

Comment

• I want this fight to happen and it will.

Comment

• if he has a contract that says he can only fight on HBO but a purse bid overrides that, how is the issue handled? There would have to be a clause in his contract that addresses purse bids because these people are in the business of boxing and surely they realize that the contract would be overruled.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    if he has a contract that says he can only fight on HBO but a purse bid overrides that, how is the issue handled? There would have to be a clause in his contract that addresses purse bids because these people are in the business of boxing and surely they realize that the contract would be overruled.
                    It's kind of a new scenario since till recently nobody could outbid HBO, other than some Russian tycoon. So they gotta work that out, though things will be back to normal when PBC folds

Comment

Cause the likes of Duva and Kovalev don't say no to a multifight exclusive contract on HBO. Hardly anyone does, dumb fcuk
                      Ouch bro! That's was a mean name you called me at the end! Imagine how much Kovalev would have been worth if he fought Stevenson on PBC, knocked Pimp's head into the 7th row, and came back to HBO to negotiate a fight contract. He would have been worth triple! And the fans would have gotten to watch a blockbuster fight on top of that!

Comment

Working...
                      X