No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Will Take 50-50 on Kovalev, Networks To Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I feel like I'm the crazy one cuz everyone keeps saying this like its a fact, but who the **** do you guys think was the one paying Stevenson more money that he could leave HBO before PBC was even around? You guys ain't noticed he's been fighting on Showtime or Showtime's parent company, CBS, the last year & a half? This isn't PBC vs HBO, its HBO vs Showtime with a touch of PBC. But basically Kovalev is with HBO & Stevenson is with Showtime you knuckleheads. Or did this deal end, but he keeps fighting on their channels, & I'm just the odd man out who didn't hear about it?

http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...-deal-than-hbo
    Again man, Canadian star fighter get only a fraction of their money from the network. The rest is dictated by the matchups. Lemieux last purse bid was like 100k, and he made well over 1m. Kovalev and Pascal split 6m, doubt HBO pitched in more than 2m. Stevenson would have done far better financially fighting Kovalev back then than this string of no hopers.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirty fingers View Post
      The piece of shit needs to be flushed.
      nice word play!!

I don't care which network it's on....if HBO can pony up the bread then it's cool...if not, I know a few wise guys in Canada who'll make Adonis disappear for much less than the networks would have to pony ....I just wanna see Adonis laid out....Krusher gonna **** him up if Uncle Al let the pimp outta protective custody

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Again man, Canadian star fighter get only a fraction of their money from the network. The rest is dictated by the matchups. Lemieux last purse bid was like 100k, and he made well over 1m. Kovalev and Pascal split 6m, doubt HBO pitched in more than 2m. Stevenson would have done far better financially fighting Kovalev back then than this string of no hopers.
        Thats a false comparison like I keep saying over & over & over. This isn't that difficult a concept.

If Stevenson vs Kov happened on HBO it would pay less than if Stevenson vs Kov happened on Showtime/CBS. Therefore it stands to reason if Stevenson vs a bum made Stevenson lets say $1M on HBO it'd have made him $1.5M on Showtime/CBS. This is how you compare a deal. You don't compare by taking the best fight on the side trying to be cheap (HBO) vs a lesser fight on the side paying more (Showtime/CBS). The Showtime/CBS deal is the better deal.

Comment

Thats a false comparison like I keep saying over & over & over. This isn't that difficult a concept.

If Stevenson vs Kov happened on HBO it would pay less than if Stevenson vs Kov happened on Showtime/CBS. Therefore it stands to reason if Stevenson vs a bum made Stevenson lets say $1M on HBO it'd have made him $1.5M on Showtime/CBS. This is how you compare a deal. You don't compare by taking the best fight on the side trying to be cheap (HBO) vs a lesser fight on the side paying more (Showtime/CBS). The Showtime/CBS deal is the better deal.
          So what you're saying is Stevenson would rather take less money for less risk. Gotcha, agreed.

Comment

• Sounds like a step forward or maybe not. You know how these things work today.

Comment

So what you're saying is Stevenson would rather take less money for less risk. Gotcha, agreed.
              You are disturbingly biased about this subject lol, but I'm used to that in regards to any conversation involving PBC so its not surprising or anything.

And the bottom line is BOTH guys have surely lost money since this fight isn't happening & BOTH guys have taken less risks cuz they aren't fighting each other & Kovalev has hurt his legacy, cuz he's the better fighter & more than likely would have won, by standing behind his promoters decision which wasn't the best decision for his career.

Comment

You are disturbingly biased about this subject lol, but I'm used to that in regards to any conversation involving PBC so its not surprising or anything.

And the bottom line is BOTH guys have surely lost money since this fight isn't happening & BOTH guys have taken less risks cuz they aren't fighting each other & Kovalev has hurt his legacy, cuz he's the better fighter & more than likely would have won, by standing behind his promoters decision which wasn't the best decision for his career.
                Before he joined ME, he was making 20k per fight. There's something to be said for loyalty.

But I'm not clear, do you disagree with my previous post? Fact is, the alternative to fighting Kovalev on HBO is more scrubs like Karpency for much less money

Comment

• Kovalev is the clear number 1 with 3 belts, he already offered to fight the piece of s.hit in his hometown and give him 50/50 and they still don't take it? Thanks Stevenson and Haymon for ruining the sport, hopefully Haymon gets bankrupt and Stevenson retires, both of them are the cancer to boxing.

Comment

Before he joined ME, he was making 20k per fight. There's something to be said for loyalty.

But I'm not clear, do you disagree with my previous post? Fact is, the alternative to fighting Kovalev on HBO is more scrubs like Karpency for much less money
                    Sometimes the bigger loyalty is being loyal to yourself &/or your family. And Kathy isn't family. She's a person with $ signs in her eyes just like every other power broker in the sport. And he didn't need to leave her. He just needed to say what he wanted to make happen. The window was there. HBO gonna be HBO, but they could've made the fight happen to, but Kov has no control over their decisionmaking.

I thought I was very clear that both guys have had their careers &/or bank accounts damaged over this fight not happening. If you wanna be blind to the Kov side of my answer & only see the Stevenson side of my answer fair enough leave your blinders on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      Kovalev is the clear number 1 with 3 belts, he already offered to fight the piece of s.hit in his hometown and give him 50/50 and they still don't take it? Thanks Stevenson and Haymon for ruining the sport, hopefully Haymon gets bankrupt and Stevenson retires, both of them are the cancer to boxing.
                      50/50 don't mean ****. They can 50/50 on Showtime or CBS for more money.

Comment

Working...
                      X