Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think GGG-Lemieux will flop on PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
    I think it will do quite well. 570K is what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
      I think it will do quite well. 570K is what I think.
      Lmao...

Serg-chavez didn't even do that, and it was a much bigger fight..

570k is what floyd/Berto will do

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Comment

I'm going to try to attend this fight - but I think it'll be a box office dud. Lemeiux will be I suppose his best opponent to date - but it is the same guy who got beat by Alcine and Rubio

I expect GGG to get him out in 6

Comment

I predict barely over 200k made up of hardcore boxing fans. GGG isn't ready to be the solo headliner, he needs a bigger dance partner first to get his name out to the casuals.

Comment

If he sacked up and fought Ward, I think they'd do 500k. Lemieux is another match that heavily favors Golovkin. A lot of people will enthusiastically watch that for free but not many are going to pay for it.

Comment

I've heard they're going to make this PPV very affordable. The price will have a major effect on the buy rate. It's very important to charge less than Floyd or Cotto/Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  If he sacked up and fought Ward, I think they'd do 500k. Lemieux is another match that heavily favors Golovkin. A lot of people will enthusiastically watch that for free but not many are going to pay for it.
                  I doubt it. Ward-GGG is a hardcore fan's fight and I don't think neither has a big casual fanbase. Like someone said before, not even Chavez-Martinez hit 500k and Chavez had the the mexican fanbase behind him on a Sept. date.

Comment

I'll be surprised it if breaks 150k. Seriously WTF is this **** doing on PPV.

Comment

It'll do like 200K max probably. I don't see how this is a PPV worthy fight. Golovkin against Cotto, Canelo, Ward, sure.

Good fight, but PPV????

Even Canelo fighting Angulo, and Canelo has a way bigger fan base than Golovkin does, only did like 300K something on that.

So this at it's best, if they hit 200K would be a good sign.
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 07-26-2015, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X