No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

froch is not great

all I hear about froch is that he was willing but he wasn't willing to fight golovkin he retired going out like a chump. Im going to tell like it is froch is not a hall of famer.losses to ward kessler and direll never was the best in any weightclass he's known more for his losses.only those delusional british fans think froch is a hall of famer.froch is just an obnoxious prick.

Comment

Awkward fighter that won a good amount of fighs. I wouldn't call him an ATG but definetely a HOF boxer to me. Losing to Ward doesn't take anything away in my opinion because Ward is really good in his own respect. I like Froch because he shows that there isn't any particular mold or style one needs to successful in boxing.

Comment

That Bute fight was amazing. I remember standing in my seat at the bar at round 5.

Comment

Not an ATG yet HOF worthy? Okay. ATG and HOF worthy imo. Better resume than Calzaghe, Benn, Eubank and Collins and anyone else currently in the division.

Comment

I said in another thread that the best way to appreciate Carl Froch is probably to have been a boxing fan throughout his career. New fans ten years from now who go back and watch a Carl Froch fight will probably thin little of him, because nothing about him pops out at you. But that's what made him so great, that he accomplished so much despite being physically overmatched or having less skill. He was always overlooked and underrated.

Great fighter, one of the best in SMW history.

Comment

If you can appreciate a throwback fighter then you'd appreciate Carl Froch. He gets my nod for top 5 super middle and HOF. The guy could fight in any era, and boxing could use a fighter like him in every weight class.

Comment

Good breakdown as always. Love reading these.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  So what, he's an English hero. The boxing world doesn't revolve around America and/or 'American fans' as if they are some sort of authority on judging legacy of fighters.
                  That's the problem with boxing and always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsupreme87 View Post
                    Meh, he got schooled by Ward. Pretty much is what most Americans will remember him for.

As an American, I disagree with this. Ward is probably about 5th or 6th on my list of memorable Froch fights.

1. Taylor
                    2. Bute
                    3. Kessler 1
                    4.Groves 2
                    5. Kessler 2
                    6. Groves 1
                    7. Pascal
                    8. Dirrell
                    9. Abraham
                    10. Ward

Nevermind, I was wrong. The Ward fight barely cracks the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      So what, he's an English hero. The boxing world doesn't revolve around America and/or 'American fans' as if they are some sort of authority on judging legacy of fighters.

the BWAA is an american association. most of the writers are american, and write in english.

the bulk of great fighters have been american. the bulk of the great fights have taken place here.

carl froch is a supremely overrated fighter. very good, but nowhere near great. he fought one great fighter, and you saw what it looked like. he also lost to kessler. those were the two biggest fights of his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X