Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for: Wladimir Klitschko or Tyson Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    Would you prefer Floosey ? I believe it is more fitting, well maybe for his partner.
    Ooh, bit of a low blow there! Paris comes across really well imo, and gypsy women are always very loyal to their men!

Fluff, not really sure. I just figure you can't take a guy serious with a name like Fluff, the guy isn't really meant to be taken serious is he ?

I'll have to just say I disagree regarding Ned, momma always said not to say anything if you have nothing nice to say.
    Well he's mandatory for two of Wlad's belts, so the sanctioning bodies must be taking him seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Ooh, bit of a low blow there! Paris comes across really well imo, and gypsy women are always very loyal to their men!

Well he's mandatory for two of Wlad's belts, so the sanctioning bodies must be taking him seriously!
      Paris reminds me of Roma girl I once met working the streets of Tallinn.

The WBA was a peculiar decision, yet I expect they needed another 18 months to make sure Chagaev was not their next mandatory, a fight versus himself and Wlad simply will not sell. Quite clever really the WBA are getting sanctioning fees from both Wlad and Fury, unless of course he only wishes to contest the WBO belt.

Comment

With all this said it is a good thing they have mandated Fury as obviously Wilder can't be enforced and with impending defences versus Glazkov and a general reluctance from fighters to face Wlad unless they are in fact mandated we could have ended up with somebody like Briggs as an optional defence, with Wlad fighting on average twice a year now that is simply unacceptable.

Comment

With all this said it is a good thing they have mandated Fury as obviously Wilder can't be enforced and with impending defences versus Glazkov and a general reluctance from fighters to face Wlad unless they are in fact mandated we could have ended up with somebody like Briggs as an optional defence, with Wlad fighting on average twice a year now that is simply unacceptable.
          I'd watch Wlad-Briggs for the entertainment value alone. Better him than say, Glazkov or Stiverne. They'll all lose, but at least the Briggs presser would be entertaining.

It'll be interesting if he beats Fury and then challenges the up and comers like Joshua & Parker.

Comment

I'm almost always gonna be rooting for the guy that'll get the most panties in a bunch come Sunday so obviously rooting for Fury. I just like Fury as a person tbh. I don't take all his talk all that seriously & he seems like he could be the funny guy in most anyone's group. I think he's mostly entertaining himself & trying to be funny more than anything else so I'm not offended as many seem to be at a ****talking boxer. Plus I think that gets more people interested for one reason or another. They wanna see Fury lose, Wlad beat his ass or see what Fury will say or do next. I also think Fury's skills have been severely underplayed as a reason he's where he's at right now so I'd love to see myself & others proven right, but with how garbage some people act like Fury is he don't even gotta win for me to be proven right with that.

Comment

Great to see that people want Fury to win, it means the fight generates interest.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                Great to see that people want Fury to win, it means the fight generates interest.
                Yes. This fight is getting more attention than any HW fight since Klitschko-Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  I'd watch Wlad-Briggs for the entertainment value alone. Better him than say, Glazkov or Stiverne. They'll all lose, but at least the Briggs presser would be entertaining.

It'll be interesting if he beats Fury and then challenges the up and comers like Joshua & Parker.
                  I'm certain Sky in the UK want this fight and will be wanting Joshua to face the winner, their seems to be a lot of activity on their side with this one, Hearn, Joshua talking about it etc I think even Sky Sports News was present for the presser, last I was aware Fury had no involvement with Sky.

I'd say their is a certainty their will be a ppv for Joshua versus the winner. When I'm not sure, early next year, summer or the fall. Wlad will be eager to face Joshua will the money on offer, one moot point may very well be location though. Obviously Fury may very well have a part to play in this yet. Either way no one can deny when a British or American challenger are concerned the division has a renewed interest. I can understand their being limited interest when Wlad is facing guys like Chagaev, Glazkov and Pianeta.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Yes. This fight is getting more attention than any HW fight since Klitschko-Haye.
                    Let's hope Fury backs his talk up. Going off of his last performance versus Chisora whereby fans left before the end and the cat calling and booing was widespread it is certainly a worry.

Comment

Has to be Wladimir for me, Fury is good for the division but I just want to see records being broke this will be harder than some might think.
                      Too bad Fury never fought Ustinov though so we would have had a more accurate reading on what to expect and with Kubrat Pulev fight not being made it sort of sucks, Pulev would have been great win but I'm not sure Fury would have beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X