No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Gennady Golovkin Roadblocked Over Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    GGG wants Canelo/Cotto, who are waaay more lucrative than Ward or even GGG. You don't want to work your way up a division and then cut back down for some chickenshyt who is going back on his word and might ask for a catchweight below your previous division. Right, dumbfcuk?
    Again, you refuse to discuss the facts. I'm not sure you even have any interest in the truth so it hardly matters. The big backlash against ggg as of late is because the fans are tied of backing a guy who won't sack up. I'm one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Nah, I will just wait for Gennady to convince the IBHOF.

Any idea when he plans to start ?

I know.....

And that should be obvious to a genuine boxing fan.
      Then complain about the sport of boxing in general and every other fighter that has suggested a catchweight from Mayweather, to Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto, Chavez, Andre Ward himself, Oscar de la hoya, etc etc etc.

At the end of the day, this so called "roadblock" is nothing more than a way for K2 to say "we don't want to fight Ward just yet" being that they have a unification secured, and are planning on a HUGE fight following that. Unfortunately, K2 just didn't come out and say it, but it is what it is. Golovkin will fight Ward, and my guess is it will be at the full 168 poind max, just not until Golovkin either fights, or gets rejected, by Canelo. It's pretty simple. Be patient, it will happen and the fight could be 10x bigger than it would be right now.

Comment

Golovkin has been making that exact same statement for the last 3 years.

And, Team Hypekin did not deny this.....

" A source with knowledge of the situation has advised BoxingScene.com that a potential fight between Andre Ward and Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin is being held up by the weight.

From what BoxingScene was told, Golovkin's side is insisting on a catch-weight of 164-pounds.

There have been conversations between Roc Nation Sports (who have Ward) and K2 Promotions (who have Golovkin), but those discussions have gone absolutely nowhere because the two sides are unable to get past the issue of weight..........
        "

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-war...-weight--93803

There were initial discussions between Roc Nation and K2, but the discussions did not evolve into a negotiation because K2 refused to move on the weight.

Team Golovkin want nothing to do with Andre Ward.

#anyonefrom154-168doe

#deyduckinmedoe
        Ok glad I could help you get informed, dumba$$. How about Ward's statements on 175, Klitschko? Why are you supporting that fraud, fake, liar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Again, you refuse to discuss the facts. I'm not sure you even have any interest in the truth so it hardly matters. The big backlash against ggg as of late is because the fans are tied of backing a guy who won't sack up. I'm one of them.
          Thats the point !

And HeroBando did the exact same thing with Pacquiao.

It took 5 years for Pacquiao to sack up, fcuk waiting 5 years for Golovkin.

Golovkin demands a catchweight for the proven fighter Ward, despite stating that he will fight anyone at 168..... and then Golovkin insists that the proven 153lb fighter Cotto meet him at the full divisional limit, despite stating that he will fight anyone from 154-168.

Now that the fog (hype) has lifted, I can see exactly what Golovkin is.....

He is a very good fighter, who campaigns in a very weak middleweight era, but he will not test himself or take any risks. He appears to be only concerned about money, and will make no effort to whatsoever to land a meaningful fight in order to compile a resume' of note. He will be quickly forgotten.

That is all !

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Then complain about the sport of boxing in general and every other fighter that has suggested a catchweight from Mayweather, to Pacquiao, Canelo, Cotto, Chavez, Andre Ward himself, Oscar de la hoya, etc etc etc.
            I have, and I intend to continue doing so.

What does that have to do with Golovkin lying to the public, and blatantly ducking Andre Ward?

I thought Golovkin was supposed to be different ?

I thought he was supposed to be special ?

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            At the end of the day, this so called "roadblock" is nothing more than a way for K2 to say "we don't want to fight Ward just yet"
            Then why cant you call this what it is, a blatant duck that flies in the face of everything that Team Golovin have said for the past 3-4 years?

And, " yet "..... is a massive assumption.

They did not say yet.

And what is Ward supposed to do in the meantime, put his career on hold and wait for those liars?

Comment

Ok glad I could help you get informed, dumba$$. How about Ward's statements on 175, Klitschko? Why are you supporting that fraud, fake, liar?
              Ward will obviously move to 175.

You are a spastic for mentioning Klitschko.

Comment

Ward will obviously move to 175.

You are a spastic for mentioning Klitschko.
                GGG will obviously move to 168 as well, after he unifies. But Kov wants Ward ASAP, I guess it's a duck.

You mean Ward is a spastic for mentioning him? Is that in addition to being a fraud, a fake and a liar, in your book?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Right, just after I posted the links to which you had no response. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Meanwhile GGG is about to carry his 1st HBO PPV, so sad he won't get your $50.

You also never responded, if it's unfair to ask Ward to move up before his blockbuster fight with GGG, how come the same doesn't work for GGG vs Canelo/Cotto? Not an ounce of self reflection in this herd lol.

Comment

GGG will obviously move to 168 as well, after he unifies. But Kov wants Ward ASAP, I guess it's a duck.

You mean Ward is a spastic for mentioning him? Is that in addition to being a fraud, a fake and a liar, in your book?
                    No, I mean that you are a spastic for mentioning Klitschko to me.

When Ward made that obvious tongue-in-cheek comment, did you believe it ?

Comment

Right, just after I posted the links to which you had no response. Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Meanwhile GGG is about to carry his 1st HBO PPV, so sad he won't get your $50.
                      Golovkin is a very good fighter, who campaigns in a very weak middleweight era, but he will not test himself or take any risks. He appears to be only concerned about money, and will make no effort to whatsoever to land a meaningful fight in order to compile a resume' of note.

He will be quickly forgotten, like your silly post.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      You also never responded, if it's unfair to ask Ward to move up before his blockbuster fight with GGG, how come the same doesn't work for GGG vs Canelo/Cotto? Not an ounce of self reflection in this herd lol.
                      What are you saying, that Cotto/Canelo should be allowed time to acclimatize to 160 before facing Golovkin?

Highly unlikely that you would side with common-sense.

Cotto and Canelo did not lie to the public by stating that they will fight anyone from 154-168, Hypekin did.

Comment

Working...
                      X