No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Gennady Golovkin Roadblocked Over Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    U suggest I expand my foreign language skills ? No thanks , not really interested at this present point in time .
    I understand completely. You first have to master your own mother tongue before taking on any others. From your posts, you have a long way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Canelo vs Cotto in September (WBC/lineal middleweight).
      Golovkin vs Lemieux in October (WBA/IBF unification).
      Canelo vs Golovkin in May 2016 (PPV) (WBC/WBA/IBF/Lineal).
      Golovkin vs Ward Sept/October 2016 (PPV) (WBA 168).

This is how it's going down provided no one screws up the master plan.

that would be ideal, but there's no way in hell canelo would fight golovkin in his first fight as middleweight champion of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
        I understand completely. You first have to master your own mother tongue before taking on any others. From your posts, you have a long way to go.
        Barcham have you found out if the Ring Magazine belt exists yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Yes: Golovkin must carefully plan his career steps... when dealing with a guy who acts erratically... Namely Andre Ward -- this guy called GGG in Nov 2013, then he immediately "retired"... Ward even contemplated full retirement from boxing last fall... One should carefully deal with this imprevisible guy...
          " carefully deal with " ?????

Or, heaven forbid..... GGG could just fight him, like a real champion would do.

After all, this is the fight game, right ?

What does " carefully deal with " actually mean..... because Team Golovkin are being pretty fkn careful around Andre Ward alright

Comment

Team Golovkin selected Monroe over Lara, and then stated that they picked Monroe because he is a bigger draw than Lara.

So good luck with your plan.

Comment

Unfortunately Canelo vs Cotto is happening in late November, not September and it may not be for the MW title unless an agreement is made.

The rest looks perfectly fine.

Originally posted by New England View Post
              that would be ideal, but there's no way in hell canelo would fight golovkin in his first fight as middleweight champion of the world.

Canelo will have no choice, assuming that he gets the chance to fight for the title in the first place. To fight for it, he has to agree to fight GGG in his NEXT FIGHT. No rematch, no voluntary. Defend against GGG or be stripped along with whatever other penalties are provided for in the agreement which is yet to be signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Barcham have you found out if the Ring Magazine belt exists yet?
                Not that you deserve any explanation, I generally do not explain myself to ignorant trolls, but I will give you one.

I stopped following boxing closely in the late 90s, around the time when RING discontinued their title belt. I started following the sport closely again about 4 years ago. While I was aware that RING had brought their title back, I was unaware that they had once again started to issue it as a physical belt and thought they had brought it back as a web based award only. Seeing as they totally disregarded the lineage and history of the various titles when it was returned, it was a logical assumption on my part. I was never in doubt that there was a RING title, just the physical manifestation of the belt.

The fact that I never really have heard it announced during any title fight added to my belief.

Take that for what it is worth. It may well be worth nothing to you, just as your various opinions and troll posts mean nothing to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  Unfortunately Canelo vs Cotto is happening in late November, not September and it may not be for the MW title unless an agreement is made.

The rest looks perfectly fine.

Canelo will have no choice, assuming that he gets the chance to fight for the title in the first place. To fight for it, he has to agree to fight GGG in his NEXT FIGHT. No rematch, no voluntary. Defend against GGG or be stripped along with whatever other penalties are provided for in the agreement which is yet to be signed.
                  In your dreams

Fights are not won on paper, and Team Golovkin have shown no interest in fighting world-class opposition.

Oh, except for Cotto that is, who weighs 153 lol.

They selected Monroe over Lara, then stated that Monroe is a bigger draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    It's very possible. If Golovkin gets it in writing from the WBC that he fights winner, I have a hard time imagining a scenario where the extremely prideful Canelo would drop his title to avoid his Golovkin. Canelo is very confident in himself and has proven he wants to fight the best, Golden Boy wouldnt want it to happen but as we've seen Golden Boy works for Canelo not the other way around! In other words, if Canelo wants the fight it will go down.

Comment

• Did you hear the California crowd BOO LOUDLY when Kellerman brought up Andre Ward's name in the post fight interview with GGG?

Comment

Working...
                      X