Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Gennady Golovkin Roadblocked Over Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problems here, lost all respect for Andre Ward.

Golovkin has a MEGA-fight in the works for the lineal title of his division after Cotto-Canelo fight..... Why would he just randomly jump up in a weight class he never fought in to fight the top fighter when he can UNIFY titles while waiting for Canelo-Cotto and then take that fight and solidify himself at 160 and THEN move up and stay at 168 once nothing is left at 160?

The logical thing and ONLY way to pass that opportunity up is to meet Ward halfway-at 164.

Meanwhile, Ward has NOTHING left at 168. Dude just fought Edwin Rodriguez and Paul the parole officer Smith FFS. You know he's NOT moving up to 175 and he's ducking Kovalev like the plague..... So that leaves him with Golovkin as his biggest and best fight. But WAIT, he also said he would move down 8 pounds for Floyd, but can't move down 4 pounds, for Golovkin, with all those other circumstances in mind? Sounds to me like Ward feels he NEEDS the extra weight to even be competitive with GGG (and he already knows he can't beat Kovalev), so essentially he's the cream stuck in the middle between two strong Oreo cookies, with no where to go because he won't take either challenge- AKA his career will end up continuing fights with garbage men and community college janitors.

So, with all that in mind.... Who's fault is it that this fight isn't Happening? Andre Ward. 100%.

Comment

• hahah are people really that ******? The only reason GGG's team say 164 because THEY call the shots. NOT ward. With froch and Jr it was the opposite.

Comment

• Golovkin and his fans are terrified of fighting Ward, I haven't seen this bad of a duck in years.

GGG should stop saying "mexican style" he's a disgrace to all the true mexican warriors out there, Ward is mas macho.

Comment

• Chavez and froch are bigger guys then ward is but triple B was willing to move up to face them he can weighin at 163 for 168 fight not hurting his body to make 160 in future as he prob would of done when he was close to finalizing fight for Chavez after he became mando to WBC belt B1tchy Boy Bumlovkin and his team getting they hoe card pulled here

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
            Ward would beat GGG, I think rather easily. GGG does not want any part of Ward, he rather go for Cotto or Canelo, where he knows he can win these fights and make big $$$ doing it. Ward is to much risk and not enough $$$.
            Well, I think GGG will beat Ward; in fact, GGG will stop Ward. And short of Ward head-butting GGG , he can't hurt GGG, but GGG can and will pulverize Ward. Just to make it clear, GGG can take Ward's best shot and still drop and stop Ward with his own counter punch (Darnell Boone dropped Ward, and GGG will also).

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              so after all that... you didn't even mention that Froch & Chavez Jr at 168 but Ward at 164
              Golovkin doesn't have to move up a weight class, there is no obligation to. The fact that they were willing to fight Chavez/Froch was about the reward (money, exposure/fame). It's no different than Mayweather willing to fight Canelo and Cotto at 154 but not guys like Lara. In other words, Mayweather would move up for the right kind of fights, otherwise he's staying at 147.

Comment

GGG fanboy response: Well GGG is the A side doe. He sells tickets doe. Ward isn't the A side doe. Ward doesn't sell out arenas doe.
                Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                No, that would be ****** to say. It's pretty clear Golovkin's stance right now - they were willing to go up to 168 for a big money fight, since Golovkin is a middleweight and currently campaigning at middleweight. Ward isn't a big money fight so clearly the risk outweighs the reward in their opinion. They are in a position where they have a couple potential big fights at 160, being that Golovkin is mandatory to Canelo/Cotto winner. It's obvious they want to try to unify (likely against Lemieux) and then hopefully fight Canelo/Cotto after. Moving up to fight Ward now, and yes potentially losing, could mess that all up. There is no need to rush to Ward right now in their eyes given the position they're in. The risk/reward is not worth it for them at this time.

Obviously by taking this stance the whole "we'll beat everyone from 154 to 168" catch phrase takes a hit, and the haters have some new ammo to hate on Golovkin (ducking a guy a weight class above him, etc.), but as they have stated for a while now their goal is unifying 160. I wouldn't rule out a Ward fight next year however, as I've stated for months clearly Ward isn't in their plans for 2015 but if they get the fights they want I see them going after Ward in 2016 (which makes more sense anyway).
                Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Golovkin scored huge TV rating and packed venue in California.

Did you guys hear the California crowd BOO LOUDLY when Kellerman brought up Andre Ward's name in the post fight interview with GGG?

Ward on BET scored 325 thousand viewers with a 0.09 demographic rating to finish in 71st place the day's cable ratings list.

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...6-20-2015.html

Golovkin is CLEARLY the A side.
                See what I mean? style

Comment

• Team GGG: nobody wants to fight us

Lara: I'll fight you
                  Ward: I'll fight you

Team GGG: No to Lara, we want Cotto/Canelo
                  Team GGG: No to Ward, we want Froch/Chavez jr.
                  Team GGG: We want Floyd, this is the biggest fight in the universe

These guys are a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Golovkin doesn't have to move up a weight class, there is no obligation to. The fact that they were willing to fight Chavez/Froch was about the reward (money, exposure/fame). It's no different than Mayweather willing to fight Canelo and Cotto at 154 but not guys like Lara. In other words, Mayweather would move up for the right kind of fights, otherwise he's staying at 147.
                    And Cotto is just taking whatever fight makes him more money/less risk regardless of weight. Whatever excuse you got for Willie, I'll be using that for Geale.

Big drama show? No, just a big comedy show.

Comment

See what I mean? style
                      GGG would move up 4lbs to fight the best guy in the division above him, yet Cotto won't fight the legitimate challenger to his crown in the same division so I'd pipe down if I were you.

Comment

Working...
                      X