No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Gennady Golovkin Roadblocked Over Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    It's like when something catches your eye when out shopping, it claims to do all these cool things on the box so you buy it. When you get it home it's a piece of shit and you're pissed off that you were fooled. That's how the Golovkin fans feel right now.
    They are still waiting for a big mac that looks like the burger on the advertisement.

Comment

• This is Golovkin's way of saying that he is willing to fight anyone from 154 to 168, EXCEPT Andre Ward!

Comment

• Watch how this "money" issue will be problematic once cotto and canelo state that ggg brings nothing to the table financially. We'll all see how quick they change their opinions on that subject.
        Last edited by hhs661; 07-22-2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          Watch how this "money" issue will be problematic one cotto and canelo state that ggg brings nothing to the table financially. We'll all see how quick they change their opinions on that subject.
          Uh-huh, yep..... that will definitely happen. smh

I have tried stating the obvious, in order to remove that silly excuse.

Both fighters are the B-side, they should just fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
            Catchweights are used to make fights between fighters of different size. Which these two are. If Ward's title werent on the line there'd really be very few issues in my eye. GGG is the draw, the attraction, the A-side yet he's the one going up in weight. I think that a catchweight is pretty reasonable, though 168 would be the ideal. If GGG were to go to 168 it'd be good for us the fans, but he would be giving away huge advantage to Ward.

As a wider point, Ward has been static in weight for his entire career. Making smaller guys come up and bigger guys come down. Yet he seems to get a pass because the Cotto and Mayweather fans are terrified to GGG fighting their heroes and see Ward as their saviour. GGG asking for catchweight isn't ideal but Ward should be subjected to the same scrutiny.
            Ward's title will not be on the line. Golovkin has stated that he has no interest in any title at 168. That is why the catchweight does not bother me. If the title was on the line, I would not be in favour of it. Then again, Ward should have been stripped of his title long ago anyways.

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            GGG has headline PPVs when?
            Could you please show me where I claimed that GGG has headlined a PPV?

Comment

• Team Golovkin will fight Froch and Chavez at 168 but not Ward??? why?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                It's hard to believe people are really this ****** so I'm going to guess they are debating just to agitate GGG fans.

There's no similarities between WARD AND THE GGG catchweight and the catch weights Cotto and Mayweather have asked for.

Cotto is one of the middleweight champions. He's obligated to defend his title at that limit.

Mayweather was on record saying catchweight were bull**** but less then a year later asked for one against Canelo. And he had titles in that division.

GGG is a middleweight. Ward is a Supermiddle weight. GGG has zero obligation to fight Ward but he will if Ward comes down halfway. It's a special attraction.

Fighters have come down in weight before ( Judah, Mundine, etc) so why can't Ward.

Let's be honest Ward doesn't want the fight. He's huffing and puffing but at the end of the day he ain't signing no contracts.
                so after all that... you didn't even mention that Froch & Chavez Jr at 168 but Ward at 164

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  It's like when something catches your eye when out shopping, it claims to do all these cool things on the box so you buy it. When you get it home it's a piece of shit and you're pissed off that you were fooled. That's how the Golovkin fans feel right now.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      >Insert comment here about Carl Froch being the A-Side or something

Comment

Working...
                      X