Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather's Next Move is Still Being Ironed Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      Keyword is "flexible". I'm sure the $32mil guarantee is exclusively for PPV fights. No way does any company in their right state of mind guarantee a fighter $32 mil without any ppv revenue. This isnt the superbowl where they can sell 30 second ads for millions of dollars. Especially against someone like Berto.
      It insinuates that the deal doesn't prevent him from fighting on CBS, not that he'll make less money from doing so.

$30 million guarantee, with the flexibility to fight on CBS. I highly doubt Floyd signed any contract with a stipulation to make less money.

Comment

I can't see a Berto PPV doing very well, especially knowing that it could've been free. That's just not going to fly. I thought the choice was Berto on CBS or Khan on PPV, which made sense. Mayweather-Berto on PPV is moronic.

Comment

Lets not fool our-selves here, his nickname is "money" not "free."
          If floyd can get one more dollar from fighting PPV he will take it.

Floyd won't allow his career to end in a non-PPV event, or else that would eliminate potential PPV numbers to be added to his overall total. Floyd is all about the money and numbers.

Comment

...I found this pretty funny on Twitter when it came out

If anyone knows what is really going on, it's this guy

Comment

I don't even care to see this **** if it's on CBS. If its on pay per view, u can forget about it. Floyd is boring man. I'm good.

Comment

If he fights on ppv, it won't be Berto

Comment

CBS
                  Floyd vs Khan
                  Jack vs Groves
                  NBC
                  Berto vs Spence
                  K9 vs Charlo

Thurman vs Porter will be in October or November.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    It insinuates that the deal doesn't prevent him from fighting on CBS, not that he'll make less money from doing so.

$30 million guarantee, with the flexibility to fight on CBS. I highly doubt Floyd signed any contract with a stipulation to make less money.
                    Anyone with the slightest of business acumen can tell you that there's no way on earth a $32mil guarantee will apply to both ppv fights and free tv fights.

Aside from his fights with Canelo and Pac, showtime either ended up in the red and took a loss and those were PPV fights. How can they expect to make money off of free tv fights? Sure you can sell tv slot time, but it still wont be able to cover the costs associated with such a guarantee plus other expenses.
                    Last edited by Deevel916; 07-22-2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Keyword is "flexible". I'm sure the $32mil guarantee is exclusively for PPV fights. No way does any company in their right state of mind guarantee a fighter $32 mil without any ppv revenue. This isnt the superbowl where they can sell 30 second ads for millions of dollars. Especially against someone like Berto.
                      R.C.I.F. = Reading Comprehension is Fundamental

Comment

Working...
                      X