No announcement yet.

Andre ward says he's ready and available to fight gennnady golovkin:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
    If that's true then please explain why Andre Ward makes more money than does the Triple Duck.

Bum-love-kin is NOT the "A" side. Ward is the higher paid *and* more accomplished fighter. Ward is the "A" side...
    That part doesn't matter. For example, Chavez would have been the A side against Ward (and Golovkin) despite being the less accomplished fighter.

I don't think it matters how much they get paid either, it's who brings the most money in through ticket sales and viewers on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      You're talking about growing a set and moving up..that's where kovalev comes in.
      Translation: Bum-love-kin has no gonads and wants no part of Andre Ward.

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      I am all set with the Aids infested Phallus, you can put it back in your shorts homie....
      You normally go for seconds. Go ahead and choke on it for as long as you like..

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Ward takes a lot of pride in how he's built his career the right way, it's a shame he wasted a few years of it. He has the right attitude about the fight and I think they need to make it, there's too many mismatches.

robinson had some inactivity because of ww2. same with louis. ali had it for other reasons because of vietnam.

the bible skipped 18 years in the life of jesus.

i'm just thinking aloud here.

Comment

$50 PPV x 300k PPV buys = $15 million dollars.

That's $7.5 million in the pot.

Despite what the Bum-love-kin nut guzzlers have to say, this is a viable PPV fight that would give both men their biggest payday to date. 50/50 @ 168lbs is MORE than fair to both sides. Bum-love-kin ain't making this type of coin anywhere else and @ 33 years of age, the clock it ticking. Cotto doesn't need him and neither does Canelo. If the Triple Duck doesn't meet the Ward challenge NOW then he'll be 35 [or older] before he gets a big fight...
          I suppose you wanted Pacquiao to accept $40 mil because he never made that money elsewhere either, right?

Hell, Ward at 35% makes more in this fight than any fight he's made before. Why doesn't he take that? 50/50 isn't more than fair for the simple reason that Golovkin is worth more than 50% when it comes to Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            That part doesn't matter. For example, Chavez would have been the A side against Ward (and Golovkin) despite being the less accomplished fighter.
            Chavez makes more money than Ward or the Triple Duck. That's why he would have been the "A" side.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            I don't think it matters how much they get paid.
            You think WRONG. At the end of the day, money matters and Ward cashes the bigger paychecks than Bum-love-kin - just like Chavez does. Hence, he is the "A" side...

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
              I suppose you wanted Pacquiao to accept $40 mil because he never made that money elsewhere either, right?

Hell, Ward at 35% makes more in this fight than any fight he's made before. Why doesn't he take that? 50/50 isn't more than fair for the simple reason that Golovkin is worth more than 50% when it comes to Andre Ward.
              Why does Ward make more money than Golovkin then?

Neither are PPV fighters. There really is no A-side and B-side. It's a 50/50 fight if there ever was one.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                I don't understand how Golovkin fans think getting a few hundred thousand viewers more than Ward on HBO means he can dictate weight. This isn't Mayweather or Pacquiao who are PPV stars.
                It's real simple - Golovkin is the one who has to move up and Ward is the one who needs Golovkin.

W/O Ward - Golovkin can fight N'Dam in October, sell 10,000 tix, get 1.5mill tv views, make over a million from HBO another million from international sales.

W/O Golovkin - Ward goes back to BET, fights in front of a paper'd house, gets maybe 500,000 tv viewers, and loses his promoter another $2mill.

Comment

Another excuses from GGG and his camp is on the way. Golovkin dont want it, hed rather fight some bums

Comment

If that's true then please explain why Andre Ward makes more money than does the Triple Duck.
                    His promoters paying more money for a guy who doesn't actually generate the money. GGG is easily the fighter with the higher ROI for promoters. Cotto got like what, $50 million for 3 fights? Canelo generates more money than Cotto does.

I can pay Wilder $50 million to fight Wlad in Europe. Doesn't mean Wilder can generate more money.

Bum-love-kin is NOT the "A" side. Ward is the higher paid *and* more accomplished fighter. Ward is the "A" side...
                    Being "A-side" has absolutely nothing to do with how much money you attract. Money rules the boxing world.

Comment

Golovkin will go to 168 for a decent payday (Chavez Jr, Froch) but Ward can't draw flies.
                      So he's ok fighting the Monroes and Macklins of this world but Ward isn't a big enough fight?

Andre Ward is a selfish prima donna
                      Golovkin's team are the ones demanding a catchweight and 50/50 split.

Ward needs to be a man and fight Kovalev in the fall.
                      The challenge has been sent, Golovkin needs to grow a pair and fight Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X