No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire: Best I've faced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    Rigo didn't run at all bruh. Rigo boxed circles around his ass. And he dodged most of donaire shot beautifully
    I didn't hear any booing in the Walters/Donaire fight. It was a good fight. There was plenty of it in the Rigo fight, then in the Agbeko fight people were exiting the doors.

Donaire is a natural counter puncher and had a boring style himself. He knew that he'll never be as exciting to watch as others. But he made changes and became more engaging. Of course, taking risks has cost.

Comment

I thought he did give Rigo a lot of credit. I always liked Donaire. When he lost to Walters he said exactly what you want someone to say and now he mentions how good everyone was and gives them credit.

I will say that it does seem that Donaire likes Walters more than Rigo, but he gave them both a big credit imo.

Comment

I always enjoy reading these. Also, why does Donaire get so much hate on this site? The guy can't do anything right even after fighting everybody around his division, never ducked anybody and paid the price yet fans still crap on the kid.

Anyways, I thought it was a fair and interesting account from Donaire, he's the one who was actually in the ring with these beasts and ate the leather so I'll let him tell the story, not a bunch of boxingscene nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
          I thought he did give Rigo a lot of credit. I always liked Donaire. When he lost to Walters he said exactly what you want someone to say and now he mentions how good everyone was and gives them credit.

I will say that it does seem that Donaire likes Walters more than Rigo, but he gave them both a big credit imo.

I agree, his account sounds very honest from his perspective and he gave both men who defeated him major props. I've read a lot of these pieces, and often times fighters seem to not want to give fighters that beat them handily their respect; see James Toney crapping on Roy for instance. Anyways, this is from their perspective, the guys who actually lived this while we all were spectators, so I always respect their opinion regardless.

Comment

He picked Rigo in 4 categories how is that salty?

Is he just supposed to yell "RIGOGAWWWD" and end the interview?

Comment

Rigo has better defense than Walters. You can tell there is saltiness in his choices.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I always enjoy reading these. Also, why does Donaire get so much hate on this site? The guy can't do anything right even after fighting everybody around his division, never ducked anybody and paid the price yet fans still crap on the kid.

Anyways, I thought it was a fair and interesting account from Donaire, he's the one who was actually in the ring with these beasts and ate the leather so I'll let him tell the story, not a bunch of boxingscene nerds.

Because he's Filipino and most the people that hate Manny automatically dislike Nonito and refuse to give him credit for ****.

Sad thing is Nonito is the only fighter in boxing doing real Olympic style testing, 365 days. And takes on all comers unlike so many of the overrated fighters today.

Comment

Probably because Walters was too big and long for Donaire to hit. I.e. Offense is defense.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                    Because he's Filipino and most the people that hate Manny automatically dislike Nonito and refuse to give him credit for ****.

Sad thing is Nonito is the only fighter in boxing doing real Olympic style testing, 365 days. And takes on all comers unlike so many of the overrated fighters today.
                    I don't think it's because he's Filipino. Donaire was highly touted on here a few years ago when he was running through the division. He was a top 10 pfp fighter and received his just due. Since then he lost a one sided fight to Rigo and was KO'd by Walters. As we know, boxing is all about what have you done for me lately. Another example is Abner Mares. He was the man a few years ago. Now he's an afterthought.

Comment

He's clearly still a little bitter about the schooling form Rigondeaux.

His praise of Rigo seemed almost forced.

Comment

Working...
                      X