Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there hella empty seats?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Donaire's KD of Rigo came off of a break or Rigo expecting a break (off of a clinch). Donaire never hit Rigo as clean as he did Walters.
      People always making excuses for Rigo's knockdowns.

Even in his last fight he was getting dropped by a D level fighter they were saying "he tall doe" - like that's a valid excuse. That's boxing, some guys are taller than others.

Rigo is a knockout waiting to happen. He's already been slapped around the ring and floored by journeymen.

It's weird, he has massive flaws in his defence and people just act like they don't exist and ignore the times he got floored.

I've never known a fighter that gets excused for so much. Donaire was a good win but the rest of his fights were against guys not even in the top 50 at the weight.

Comment

Rigo is kind of 1 dimensional defensively. He's highly reliant on his fast feet and ability to Guage distance..that's his defense.

Nonito's point is all around defensively, Walters has more that he can do, such as parrying, dirty boxing, fighting in a phone booth and ect.

Not sure I agree with him but it's an interesting conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Progression of events.

I DARE you to punch me. Right here.

You got it, chief.

He did hit me. Right here.

He had the man looking like a pirate during the fight. I thought Nonito was baiting him

Comment

Let me clear something up. If you care.

I don't hate Donaire. At all.

I live in the state with the highest Filipino population in this country. I have Pinoy friends and neighbors.

He is based out of a region right next door to me, basically. I've pulled for him numerous times.

I like him.

All I'm doing is busting balls for some of the excuses that he came up with post-fight, and Rigo detractors continue with to this day.

Comment

People don't seem to get it. It's normal for fighters not to give credit to opponents who are too scared to engage. They're normally irritated. Same thing with clinchers. Porter never gave credit to Brook. He complained about his excessive clinching. Like I said Lara to this day is claiming he beat Canelo. Where is the hate in these cases?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                Rigo is kind of 1 dimensional defensively. He's highly reliant on his fast feet and ability to Guage distance..that's his defense.

Nonito's point is all around defensively, Walters has more that he can do, such as parrying, dirty boxing, fighting in a phone booth and ect.

Not sure I agree with him but it's an interesting conversation.
                Lol at rigo being one dimensional at D. Walters is just a big ass dude taking on midgets no wonder he can take punches

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  People always making excuses for Rigo's knockdowns.

Even in his last fight he was getting dropped by a D level fighter they were saying "he tall doe" - like that's a valid excuse. That's boxing, some guys are taller than others.

Rigo is a knockout waiting to happen. He's already been slapped around the ring and floored by journeymen.

It's weird, he has massive flaws in his defence and people just act like they don't exist and ignore the times he got floored.

I've never known a fighter that gets excused for so much. Donaire was a good win but the rest of his fights were against guys not even in the top 50 at the weight.
                  Im not making no excuses. The guy used Rigo being KD'ed and Walters not being KD'ed as an argument to say that Walters is better defensively. Which is by a mile and a half FALSE.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Im not making no excuses. The guy used Rigo being KD'ed and Walters not being KD'ed as an argument to say that Walters is better defensively. Which is by a mile and a half FALSE.
                    Not you specifically and not even completely to do with this thread.

But it seems a common occurrence on here that people seem to completely ignore Rigo's flaws. Yes he is talented but i even just seen one guy say he's better defensively than Floyd. A guy who has fought the best names in a 19 year career and never been dropped in the manner Rigo has, and some of those were against journeymen. Come on, nobody can honestly believe that unless they have an agenda.

Maybe i'm just missing something but it seems to me he isn't as well rounded and incredibly great as others think, although he does have some amazing skills to no doubt. It just seems he gets a pass for things or certain things get ignored but the truth is that some of his defensive skills are great but is defence as a whole is not quite elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                      I don't think it's because he's Filipino. Donaire was highly touted on here a few years ago when he was running through the division. He was a top 10 pfp fighter and received his just due. Since then he lost a one sided fight to Rigo and was KO'd by Walters. As we know, boxing is all about what have you done for me lately. Another example is Abner Mares. He was the man a few years ago. Now he's an afterthought.

Donaire got his just do from journalist but only after years of beating the best. I mean he blasted Darchiyan out in 5 and still didn't get ranked.

But guys like Broner beat Rees and Demarco and get ranked 5.

And a lot of fans still called him overrated to this day because he lost a couple of times.

Comment

Working...
                      X