No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire: Best I've faced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf View Post
    Rigo is kind of 1 dimensional defensively. He's highly reliant on his fast feet and ability to Guage distance..that's his defense.

Nonito's point is all around defensively, Walters has more that he can do, such as parrying, dirty boxing, fighting in a phone booth and ect.

Not sure I agree with him but it's an interesting conversation.
    What your describing is more like Lara. Rigo can roll counter, slip counter, duck and pivot, control you with his lead hand, etc. I consider him a very skilled defensive fighter although still untested.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      Rigo is kind of 1 dimensional defensively. He's highly reliant on his fast feet and ability to Guage distance..that's his defense.

Nonito's point is all around defensively, Walters has more that he can do, such as parrying, dirty boxing, fighting in a phone booth and ect.

Not sure I agree with him but it's an interesting conversation.
      To call Rigondeaux one dimensional defensively is down right the dumbest thing I've read on here... What you described for Walters is describing his Offensive ability but no one mentioned how Donaire Rocked Walters and almost put Walters on his a**. Rigondeaux is without a doubt one of the best fighters defensively as of now and possibly could be argued as a top 5 greatest Defensively.

Comment

And not to mention, the "Journeyman" that put Rigondeaux on his butt was damn near 6 inches taller... No matter how skilled you are, a man who is that much bigger can put most opponents on their butt.

Comment

Rigo's counterpunching had Donaire wary of coming in and over thinking. Donaire haters are going to get on him for anything he says. He stepped it up and fought the big names but still gets flak

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Pathetic he still won't give rigo the gawd his props. Sore ass loser full of excuses
            Seems you are hyper sensitive, where didnt he give rigo his props? He just felt walters was the best overall, and phinebooth slip and counter defense is much harder than distance and pot shot. Not once did he diss rigo, what does he have to do worship him like you do and sing him praises? Nonito said nothing offense or wrong. Its not like he is paulie malignaggi dissing pacquiao.

Comment

Can donaire beat quigg?

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Not you specifically and not even completely to do with this thread.

But it seems a common occurrence on here that people seem to completely ignore Rigo's flaws. Yes he is talented but i even just seen one guy say he's better defensively than Floyd. A guy who has fought the best names in a 19 year career and never been dropped in the manner Rigo has, and some of those were against journeymen. Come on, nobody can honestly believe that unless they have an agenda.

Maybe i'm just missing something but it seems to me he isn't as well rounded and incredibly great as others think, although he does have some amazing skills to no doubt. It just seems he gets a pass for things or certain things get ignored but the truth is that some of his defensive skills are great but is defence as a whole is not quite elite.
                Well, your argument has nothing to do with me cause Ive never made those claims so Im just gonna step away from this one. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  What your describing is more like Lara. Rigo can roll counter, slip counter, duck and pivot, control you with his lead hand, etc. I consider him a very skilled defensive fighter although still untested.
                  Rigo can do that but he relies on distance and moving with pot shots, he doesnt have the james toney skill, rigo gets dropped and hit when he trades inside and opens up, he has a weak inside game, he has to show a vast variety like walters and lomachenko, but he doesnt he seldom uses anything else other than spacing which is playing it safe, when he does try to mix it up he gets dropped or hurt, that means he doesnt have a great slip counter or brawl game. Its like with marquez, he sucks pressure fighting he is one dimensional a matador counter puncher off the backfoot, but when he pushes forward he gets hurt or dropped.

Rigo is great at timing and distance, marquez is great at power punch combos off the back foot. Guys like walters are the complete package, as well as crawford and lomachenko they can do it all and mix it up inside slugfests and get the better without taking much shots.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Rigo can do that but he relies on distance and moving with pot shots, he doesnt have the james toney skill, rigo gets dropped and hit when he trades inside and opens up, he has a weak inside game, he has to show a vast variety like walters and lomachenko, but he doesnt he seldom uses anything else other than spacing which is playing it safe, when he does try to mix it up he gets dropped or hurt, that means he doesnt have a great slip counter or brawl game. Its like with marquez, he sucks pressure fighting he is one dimensional a matador counter puncher off the backfoot, but when he pushes forward he gets hurt or dropped.

Rigo is great at timing and distance, marquez is great at power punch combos off the back foot. Guys like walters are the complete package, as well as crawford and lomachenko they can do it all and mix it up inside slugfests and get the better without taking much shots.
                    Wait...when has Lomachenko or Crawford shown the ability to fight inside. And your telling me Marquez doesnt rely on timing and distance? How can you even be a good counter puncher without timing and distance. Or even an elite boxer period for that matter. And why does he need to be a pressure fighter or stand in the pocket like Toney? Especially when he's fighting at a size disadvantage every go around.

Come on man. Smh. You're speaking nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Wait...when has Lomachenko or Crawford shown the ability to fight inside. And your telling me Marquez doesnt rely on timing and distance? How can you even be a good counter puncher without timing and distance. Or even an elite boxer period for that matter. And why does he need to be a pressure fighter or stand in the pocket like Toney? Especially when he's fighting at a size disadvantage every go around.

Come on man. Smh. You're speaking nonsense.
                      The better question here is, why are you wasting your time with him? The same guy who said Pacquiao would be KO'ed by a jab.

Comment

Working...
                      X